Breakfast shake/drink suggestions?

Options
Does anyone have a suggestion for a low calorie, good tasting, cheaper, filling, breakfast drink/shake?

Im looking for something quick because im NOT a morning person and I dont have time to spend on breakfast. Id rather just drink something and go on my way.

I tried slimfast and that hurt my stomach... so thats a fail...

input?

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    How about drinking a protein shake in the morning? I drink Designer Whey after my workouts. I have a mini blender (16oz) and I blend up a scoop of Designer Whey, a cup of soymilk, sometimes a scoop of greek yogurt, and some frozen fruit and it makes a great shake that is about 200 calories depending on what you put in it. The protein powder is 100 calories a scoop by itself. It's tasty.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I like Ensure. You can always purchase a high quality protein powder, though. It only takes a moment to throw it in the blender with some ice & fruit, yogurt, and/or milk
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I do this:
    In a blender blend these ingredients:

1 cup of frozen fruit
    1 scoop of whey protein
    1 tablespoon Adams natural peanut butter
    1/3 cup of quaker quick oats
    1 to 1 1/2 cup of water.

You can omit the oatmeal if you want to lighten the calories up more. I do this with the oatmeal when i do not have time to prepare a midmorning snack, and with out the oatmeal if i have a midmorning snack.
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes. I used to love the strawberry shakes that Slimfast has but they tended to be a little expensive. Now i get the "Weight Loss" shakes from Costco and they are way cheaper because you buy them in an 18 pack and they end up being like 50 cents each!
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have a shaker with a grid in the top to make my whey protein shakes. Some of the best I've found are whey protein and V-8 Fusion. Good stuff quick.
  • AngChambers06
    AngChambers06 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    yeah im thinking more like get out of fridge get in my car and drive to work kind of drink lol something thats the same calorie intake every morning.
  • AngChambers06
    Options
    yeah im thinking more like get out of fridge get in my car and drive to work kind of drink lol something thats the same calorie intake every morning.
  • shalma
    Options
    I'm the same way and I dig Carnation instant breakfast powder. Mix packet with milk, done. It keeps me full til lunch. Theres no way I'm going to whip, blend stuff in the morning, easier the better.
  • AngChambers06
    Options
    haha i agree... lol the less I have to do before work the better... especially when I have a 45min drive to get there, i dont have time to waste making a mess
  • skinnytayy
    Options
    Carnation instant breakfast powder --- same concept as slimfast meal replacement, much yummier, and better all around. Add some fruit to it and make a smoothie! :)
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That's why I love the shaker. I can knock it down while I put my son on the bus or drink it on the way to work (I just rinse it out when I get there).
  • John8188
    Options
    I would stay away from the fruit jucies...they just turn into sugar in your body. Try Soy milk. It's high in protein.

You should get a big chunk of cals for breakfast. It gets your body burning for the day.
  • AngChambers06
    Options
    I would stay away from the fruit jucies...they just turn into sugar in your body. Try Soy milk. It's high in protein.

You should get a big chunk of cals for breakfast. It gets your body burning for the day.

I like to save mine for supper that tends to be when i eat the most... i guess thats not smart but i can get by with very little in the morning...
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk protein shakes. I like the vanilla one. They come in a ready to drink bottle or powder form. I like to do the powder one with 1/2% milk and some frozen strawberries....makes it like a yummy milkshake!!
    Good luck!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I use slim fast, milk, lots of ice , chocolate is my favorite and I add a banana. I use a lot of ice so it makes almost 2 16 oz drinks
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a suggestion for a low calorie, good tasting, cheaper, filling, breakfast drink/shake?

Im looking for something quick because im NOT a morning person and I dont have time to spend on breakfast. Id rather just drink something and go on my way.

I tried slimfast and that hurt my stomach... so thats a fail...

Sorry I didn't read the part that slimfast hurts your tummy

input?
  • John8188
    Options

I like to save mine for supper that tends to be when i eat the most... i guess thats not smart but i can get by with very little in the morning...

Yeah, you don't want to eat heavy before bed. that should be your lightest meal.
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Try the Oh Yeah drinks. I'm really picky about these types of drinks and these are the only ones I've actually enjoyed. You do have to order them online though. The vanilla and cookies and cream were super yummy. Didn't really like the strawberry one.
  • AngChambers06
    Options

Yeah, you don't want to eat heavy before bed. that should be your lightest meal.

well between the time I eat and go to bed there are about 8 hours because of my werid schedule... I eat around 6pm and go to bed around 2am oddly enough...
  • AngChambers06
    Options
    I went with the special K protein drinks... tasted pretty good, they're 190 calories and 10 g of protein and 5 fiber

the noly down side is the cost.