Physical therapy and walking

Hello,

So I go to physical therapy for my pelvic floor. Needless to say every morning I get up and do 10-12 strength training and stretching exercises for PT. I know cardio is important to, but I am exhausted by the time I am done with my PT. What would you do? Would you wait until the PT didn't get you so tired and then start adding cardio? Would you skip the PT exercises twice a week to get some more cardio in ? I try to get all my workouts done in the morning. By the time I try to do them in the evening I am exhausted.

Replies

• babyluu80
    babyluu80 Posts: 58 Member
    Maybe you can split it up. Do your strength training in the morning and then after work or during lunch you can go for a 10-15 minute walk. Eventually you'll build up your endurance for a longer or faster walk.
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Maybe you can split it up. Do your strength training in the morning and then after work or during lunch you can go for a 10-15 minute walk. Eventually you'll build up your endurance for a longer or faster walk.

This is a really great idea!! And most likely doable since it splits the workouts up during the day / evening!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Thank You,

I am worried about building up stamina. I get tired so quickly. I will try and do that.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    You could also try the recumbent bike, when I had physical therapy for my back i could hardly walk 50 yards. They had me doing core strength stretching daily and slowly I started doing the bike... good luck!