Have Not Lost a Pound, WHY?

Options
Hi everyone

I have not lost a pound..

Why you ask, will I am asking the same question and hope all of you can help me, PLEASE?

I have been doing a version of bill stars 5x5 program with cardio (ill list the stats at the bottom) and am getting stronger but NO weight loss!!

Diet;

2000 cal (no junk pretty much at ALL)

40/35/25 protein /carbs / fat

I eat pretty clean about 85 % of the time.

Protein consists of all lean meats, carbs is mostly brown rice and fats are from the meats, milk and a touch of olive oil.

Exersice;

Cardio 30 min session at 70% heart rate 2-3 x a week

Weight lifting ; 5 x 5 ( full body 2x a week) about an hour and half in the gym.

Starting / today
Squat 135 / 225
Oh press 45 / 105
Dead lift 175 / 215
Bench 95 / 145
Barbell row 95 / 145
Barbell curls 45 / 75
Triceps 30 /55
Reverse crunch 5 x 5 / 12 x5
Bridges 15 sec x 5 / 40 sec x 5

My weight is 255 and would like to lose 50 pounds..!

Replies

• janereprogle
    janereprogle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You do know that muscle weighs more than fat, right? As long as you see a difference in the way your clothes fit, that they are getting looser, then that is what you want. Don't let the numbers on the scale worry you so much. I have reached a plateau on the scale but I am still losing inches. So I know I am going in the right directions.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You do know that muscle weighs more than fat, right?

No, just no.
  • gemmalu
    gemmalu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat but a pound of muscle will take up much less space in your body than a pound of fat which is bulkier. You may put a couple of pounds on when building the muscle but then the muscle will help break down the fat. So there may be a tiny spike in your weight but check your measurements to see a proper difference in the way your body is changing :-)
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    How long have you been working at this? Have you taken measurements to see if there is a loss there? If you open up your diary, you will be able to get better help on the forums.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    You need to open your diary, and how long has this work taken?

If you have 50lbs to lose, there is no way that muscle gain (which is unlikely anyway) is stalling the scale out that much.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

No, just no.

Not this again. Of course it does. If he's at a deficit though, he's probably not building muscle.

Anyway, OP, how long have you been doing that? Are you measuring your food properly (with a food scale)?
  • gemmalu
    gemmalu Posts: 56 Member
    Options

No, just no.

Not this again. Of course it does.

How does a pound of muscle weigh more than a pound of fat? A pound is a pound the whole world round :-)
  • junkey17
    Options
    Honestly I haven’t been tracking on mfp every day I just come on here to create a menu and follow that, no I am not eating a bag of Oreos and coming here asking for help.

I’ve been working out a little over 2 months and no, I didn’t take any measurements just using the scale.

My clothes fit a little better, but like I said no miracle weight loss….
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Honestly I haven’t been tracking on mfp every day I just come on here to create a menu and follow that, no I am not eating a bag of Oreos and coming here asking for help.

I’ve been working out a little over 2 months and no, I didn’t take any measurements just using the scale.

My clothes fit a little better, but like I said no miracle weight loss….

If you don't know how many calories you're taking in then you are going to have a hard time controlling weight loss. You've obviously found your maintenance level if you aren't losing so I'd suggest tracking your actual food intake. You can't count on exercise alone to lose weight even if you eat "healthy" it's still really easy to be over eating.