Hey everyone!!!

So, this my second time on this site. I left a few months ago due to personal reasons and the lack of support from my friends. I am trying to tone & drop about 20-30 pounds. Anyone who gives great support is welcome! By the way I am a single mother, and work full time as well as go to school full time. I will graduate in 2014 with my Associates for my RMA. I am excited to be back in the game. I have also tried AdvoCare, I really enjoyed it. My house flooded in June so money has been tight due to the fact that we are not able to return due to the mold & the amount of damage until the house is completely renovated.

Replies

• KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Welcome Back! I too just returned to the site after a year. I enjoy the site as it keeps me accountable for what goes in my mouth! My return this time was not because I need to loose weight (which I do, about 70lbs) but because my weight has affected my health. My cholesterol levels are really high and the medication they gave me for it had some serious side affects on me with severe muscle and joint pain. It was horrific! So now I have this really high cholesterol that I can't control with medication and and the only other way is with a healthy diet. My doctor has me on a 90 day dietary plan of Fish, Plant foods w/limited dairy such as yogurt or eggwhites. NO meant, bread, pasta, or any process foods at ALL! I am on my 8th day of being a plant/fish eater for a healthier new me! I would love to have the support of a fellow Fitness Pal! My profile is private to my friends. I post all my foods and my weigh in' s will be on Friday Mornings. I have had only 1 weigh in thus far and I lost 4.4 lbs!!! (I wish i knew how that equated to better cholesterol levels???) lol
  • drnadeau
    drnadeau Posts: 4 Member
    I am glad that you both are back. I want to say that there is a great amount of support, but the biggest support there is , is believing in yourself. Research a little about every food label you utilize, ensure that the sugars are below 5grams. Find a safety food so when things go wrong (stress) you can go to that food ( or else we would not need to lose weight). But you will not beat your self up when you have that little something. Do not deprive yourself of something you like, but do it in moderation.
    Exercise daily, by walking utilizing a pedometer, or for me I utilize a garmin, but you need to walk at least 6 miles per day or 10,000 steps.
    Daily struggles are always going to be there so learn to better understand the struggles and accept them for what they are but do not let the struggles run your life. Once you learn to eat health and the amount is the healthy part the keeping it simple will follow you the rest of your life.

Struggles everyday even after losing 164 lbs. good luck and I am proud that you have taken on this journey again
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    go ahead and add me, i have been with MFP for about 2 years now, lost 60+ using MFP and home fitness programs. i am a husband, father of 3 1/2 girls (yes another on the way) and work in the higher education field. my fitness background is Mix Martial Arts and home fitness programs like p90x and insanity
    I love helping people with motivation, support and accountability as well.

Chris
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Glad to see you back! There are many supportive and motivating friends on this site and they can definitely be helpful during the journey. I have a great group of friends here and I hope that I am a good supporter and motivator for them. Anyone is free to add me as well and I am very interactive and hope for the same from my FL. We are all in this together and the goal is to help everyone stay on track and go through this as one! :) Good luck