Why do I lose weight after a weekend of poor eating?

Options
This has happened multiple times....I have a weekend where there's something special going on and I don't eat incredibly healthy. And by Monday or Tuesday I check in and I have lost like 3 lbs since Friday. Why is this???

Replies

• lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You don't give any info about yourself: height, weight, calories consumed, etc...

BUT:
    Perhaps because you are eating too little to begin with and your body is finally liking the extra calories from your weekend.
    Perhaps try eating that way ... through out a week or two and see if you continue to lose weight.
  • melissadsims
    melissadsims Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ok-

Female, 24 yrs old, 5 foot 1.75 inches tall, 145 lbs.

I do cardio 6 days a week and lift 6 days a week.
    I eat 1600-1700 calories a day normally, but on occasion when I eat poorly over the weekend I could go to 1900-2000 depending on the microbrew consumption and what is specifically going on.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one. I think we're all different. I'm one of those who'll spend a week being 100% on the money diary wise and do meet my exercise goals and after a week I've either lost nothing or gained a few lbs. However I find that I often lose after a week or so of being static or gaining slightly.
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My favourite is what I'm guessing is water loss after a night out on the town drinking...

Booze it up, next morning, four pounds down. Maybe I'll write a book...the alcohol and kebab diet.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It can be due to dehydration. When I drink I tend to lose a bit of weight because I'm dehydrated. It could also be your body getting rid of water weight if you weren't doing your normal exercise on the weekend.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too.. I wish I knew the explanation. I've noticed that calorie cycling was really helpful for me when I hit a plateau.. maybe something along those lines?
  • melissadsims
    melissadsims Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I drank excessively. I had 3 beers over the entire weekend. Normally I try and limit myself to one a week (I love microbrews) but we did eat out twice- I never ate a large portion and listened to my body about being content. But it was food I don't normally eat and not clean by any means.

Saturday I ran 2.8 miles, Friday I ran for 30 mins and then lifted for 30, and Sunday was a rest day.

I definitely could have been dehydrated as I was in the sun a lot on Sunday.

It's just so strange!! It's always when I've expected to have gained, I lost.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    My favourite is what I'm guessing is water loss after a night out on the town drinking...

Booze it up, next morning, four pounds down. Maybe I'll write a book...the alcohol and kebab diet.

I'll be your co-author. This totally happens to me too.
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

I'll be your co-author. This totally happens to me too.

I smell a bestseller...