Does anyone else have problems eating in the mornings?

Options
I'm not a big breakfast eater. I'm hungry in the mornings but for some reason I can't seem to eat much. Love yogurt but can only take a couple bites before I just can't eat anymore of it. Pop-tarts, donuts etc are out because I get sick if I eat something that sweet in the morning.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Any ideas for a small meal that I can try that might hold me over until lunch at noon so my stomach isnt growling all morning?

Replies

• SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I usually break my fast at around 11am. Just not hungry in the morning. My stomach doesn't make noises though?
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your issue is more with taste than with not being hungry. I'd say experiment and find something you can enjoy. You don't HAVE to eat breakfast foods just because it is the morning. If you want a grilled cheese for breakfast then eat a grilled cheese for breakfast. Personally, my usual go-to's are either cereal, a bagel thin and some cream cheese, or a breakfast burrito if I have time. I'm not hungry enough for a lot of food in the morning but I do need a bit of something and that's what works for me.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast eater either. Don't worry about it. Just skip and eat lunch if you want.

If anything, I might have a snack or something in the morning, but usually not much.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Some apple slices and some natural peanut butter? You can adjust the size amount to suit you, but you are ensuring your are getting some good carbs and protein to start your day. If that doesn't work, just eat your breakfast a little later in the morning when you are hungry. It's all about finding a program that suits YOU. :smile:
  • gracejr
    gracejr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I couldn't eat breakfast for years. I'd get sick every time.

I found once I changed my diet (had to remove a lot of things that caused inflammation), my system is healed enough that I can eat breakfast again. I usually have a couple eggs and a piece of fruit. But nothing says you can only eat certain things in the morning. Just eat whatever sounds good, even if it's not a "breakfast" food.
  • tazhinshaw
    tazhinshaw Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I will try different foods besides just breakfast stuff and see if that helps !
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem eating at any time of the day! :laugh:

Have you tried something like toast & peanut butter or an egg & piece of fruit?
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    After years of not eating breakfast I now have either the Belvita honey and nut with choc chip biscuits for breakfast - pack of four and I just munch them throughout the morning - not too sweet but satisfy me till lunch time or a bowl of fruit salad and just pick at that all morning.
  • tazhinshaw
    Options
    I don't have a problem eating at any time of the day! :laugh:

Have you tried something like toast & peanut butter or an egg & piece of fruit?

I can't stand PB lol weirdo I know. Eggs are the same w/ yogurt for me. I LOVE eggs but i only manage to get a bite or two and then I don't want anymore. :/
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just because it is morning doesn't mean you have to eat breakfast food. You could just eat something healthy. Apples and peanut butter are a good choice. I used to eat that every morning, but as I got used to eating every few hours, it wasn't enough to hold me over for very long.

I really love cereal and orange juice, so I like having that in the mornings. And I could eat it all day long, but I hold out for the mornings, so I enjoy it.

I've heard of some people who have fresh fruit smoothies in the morning, so they can drink it on the go.

I don't like yogurt, so I couldn't eat it, so maybe you don't actually like it....because if you were hungry enough that your stomach is growling, you should be able to eat. If you are starting to feel nauseous from how hungry you are (sometimes when I wake up I am SO hungry I feel like I could throw up), then that's why you can't eat....I can't eat when like that.

Moral of the story: eat what you feel like eating. Something you like and enjoy. Once you get used to eating breakfast, you will LOVE eating it. Trust me....I used to be one of those "I can't eat early" people....and now I have to because I get so hungry.
  • tazhinshaw
    Options

I've heard of some people who have fresh fruit smoothies in the morning, so they can drink it on the go.

I don't like yogurt, so I couldn't eat it, so maybe you don't actually like it....

I tried a fruit smoothie this morning..but didnt work lol
    I can eat yogurt fine after work, I have no clue why its different in the morning! Ugh.

I really love hummus so maybe I will get some crackers and dip them in hummus for my breakfasts lol thanks again everyone
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    I can't eat much in the morning either. I also don't like the feeling of "forcing" myself to eat.

These days I might have a little Danon drinkable yogurt (suggested by my doctor due to medications I am on) or make a smoothie. Otherwise, I just wait until lunch.