Running with your phone

Options
Hi probably some if you use various phone apps when running/ exercising.
Myself I use Runtastic and of course MFP.

A question... Where do you keep your phone so that it doesn't bother you when running? I have a tiny pocket in my short pants but it takes serious gymnastics to close this pocket with phone in, nevermind reaching back for the phone during the run to adjust the volume.

Do you use some other methods? My phone us not iPhone but almost same size.
Thanks!

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I use an armband. I strap it to my arm and put my headphones in. That of course does mean that I can't run with it in the rain though.

If you didn't want to use an armband, I'd look into something like a spibelt.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Double post!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I love my spibelt! I have one with a water proof pouch that is detachable. It doesn't move at all when I run.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I usually just hold onto mine.
  • mander8282
    mander8282 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    arm band :)
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I usually just hold onto mine.

I've tried this before, but mine always flies out of my hand, lol. :P Kudos to you for having a tight grip.

I have a Belkin arm band from Target that I love... Unfortunately it is currently missing. :(
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yup. Spibelt!
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm classy. I put mine in my sports bra. With my HRM band under my bra, the phone stays in place and it's easy for me to get to change volume, check my route mileage, etc.

Like I said, totally classy. lol
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    I find it fit's nicely between my butt cheeks. Ok it's sweaty and smelly and I gag when making the first call afterwards, and I have to change phones weekly, but it doesn't affect my running.

Seriously tho'...armband
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Arm band, though I find it get s a bit loose when I'm running and I have to fiddle with it.

Or zipped waist pouch, though it's fiddly to close with teh phone in it. I can adjust the music from my headphones, rather than the phone itself.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I use Nike + GPS and use a belt clip style case for when I run. Easy access and secure.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options

A question... Where do you keep your phone so that it doesn't bother you when running? I have a tiny pocket in my short pants but it takes serious gymnastics to close this pocket with phone in, nevermind reaching back for the phone during the run to adjust the volume.

Thanks!

between my two bras.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options

Thanks!

I have a Samsung galaxy s3 and I use a spi belt. It snaps around the waist and I put my key and phone it in, doesn't bounce around at all and I use mapmyrun app to track my running, and run spotify for music on it so I can easily get into it and change songs etc...
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm classy. I put mine in my sports bra. With my HRM band under my bra, the phone stays in place and it's easy for me to get to change volume, check my route mileage, etc.

I can't believe I never thought of this... lol... definitely going to give it a whirl !
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Armband, for sure.

Preferably one that covers the phone with plastic or neoprene from sweat and surprise thunderstorms.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I can't believe I never thought of this... lol... definitely going to give it a whirl !

I do this sometimes too. Put the phone in a plastic baggie to keep it from getting damaged from sweat.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options

I am so glad someone else does this. I have an armband but I found that my ear buds kept falling out (I have odd tiny ears) so I switched to having my phone in my sports bra and all problems solved!
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have a droid x with body glove case with a built in belt clip...as opposed to having my phone hang off my shorts, tuck it inside your shorts...that way it's not bouncing around the whole time, it's pressed up against your hip.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    FLIPBELT! http://www.flipbelt.com/

I love, love mine and it was a small $25 price to pay to keep my phone, keys and ID on me when I run.

ETA: I used to keep my phone in my sports bra, but I sweat so much that - even with the waterproof Otterbox that cost me $50 - it was getting flooded inside the case! I figured I better find an alternative!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I have an Armpocket armband that I really like, because I can have my phone, a key, some cash and anything else I might need in there.

Lately though I've just been carrying it in my hand. I like to be able to switch between apps while I am running - I use MapMyRun, C210K and Zombies, Run! while I'm running. I generally don't look at MapMyRun until I'm done, but I like to switch between C210K and Zombies, Run! I have a LifeProof case, so I'm not too worried about dropping it or getting it wet in a rainstorm.