which is better?

Options
Is it better to workout in the early morning or later (i.e. lunch time, after work)?

Replies

• Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    There is no physiological difference. A lot of people work out in the morning because that way things don't "come up". It's too easy to feel too tired to work out or have something that pops up that we have to do during the day. That being said, I can't make myself get up in the morning to work out. I want to, but it's just one of those things in my personality. If I have extra time in the morning, I would rather sleep a little longer.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,099 Member
    Options
    From all I have read it doesn't really matter. The key is which one are you most likely to stick with, that is the better time for you as an individual to workout. The only thing I have noticed for myself is that if I did a very intense workout in the evening it will negatively affect my sleep, but that is a personal thing.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    The best time to work out is a time that you will consistently do it.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    It's a personal preference. Sometimes you will hear people say if you work on in the AM it starts your furnace burning all day, not true. For most its a matter of "when can I get it in and not feel rushed". When i work out in the AM i notice I am hungrier throughout the day though. I usually work out after work since my gym is in walking distance.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It's a personal preference. Sometimes you will hear people say if you work on in the AM it starts your furnace burning all day, not true. For most its a matter of "when can I get it in and not feel rushed". When i work out in the AM i notice I am hungrier throughout the day though. I usually work out after work since my gym is in walking distance.

Yes I heard about and read about the "starting of the furnance" thing also..So I was curious what MFP users have noticed in thier routine with exercise. I have to be too work too early to get a morning workout..