concerned about losing weight too fast.... how fast is fast

Options
Hi, I know I prob shouldn't be complaining about this and trust me I'm glad but I've heard losing weight quickly is not healthy and you'll put it all back on.
I would really like to keep the weight off and stay healthy. (I feel fine) has anyone else found this? Am I doing something wrong or right?

I'm 5'4,
Weigh 72kg
Start weight 89kg
Average weekly loss 1.8kg and not slowing.
Daily cal 1300 - 1400
Very sedantry life style
Pilates dvd - 24mins per day
Some light weights

Any advice on if this is ok?

Replies

• Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    First thing First.. you need to ask you doctor this questions.. there are many medical reasons that can cause you to loose weight, and you need to eliminate that as a possibility to be safe and sure!

I am not sure.. but you said your looking 1.8 kg? That is almost 4 pounds a week, are you sure your sedentary?
    Are you very muscular?

That is fast, I too know that fast can cause a number of other problems that is so not worth it! I don't want to give too much advice as you may need to see your doctor or nutritionist!
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is likely about 1400 calories. Are you entering your exercise and eating those calories?

I am losing about 3-3.5 pounds a week. My doctor is ok with rate of loss because I still have so much to loose - more than 80 pounds (36kg).
    You, on the other hand, only have maybe about 10kg left. I agree, check with your doctor. Let him/her evaluate your diet and exercise, maybe check some blood work, and make sure everything is OK.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Keep losing, believe me your weight loss will eventually slow down. Enjoy it while you can.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You're fine. Everyone loses weight quickly at the beginning, it's mostly water weight. It should level out to your estimated loss within about 4 weeks of your start date :smile:
  • smudgekat
    Options
    Thanks for your replies guys, its put my mind at rest. Think I'll check with my nurse in a few weeks if not slowed down. As gotta go anyway.

Thanks...
    :-)