unsatisfied with food

Options
For the past few days I have been feeling so unsatisfied- I am not depriving myself of the "unhealthy" food but just feeling unsatified overall. Has anyone else felt like this and how do you get over the hump?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Well, are you craving anything in particular? Are you getting in enough fat and protein? Perhaps try some new recipes or makeover an old "junkier" favorite into something slightly healthier.
  • ruizv17
    ruizv17 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think before I used to eat a lot of the same unhealthy things- Now I am trying to add variety but I at the same time I feel blah about food. I dont know whats going on. Now I rarely eat anything that I say is amazing or great.
  • curly1980
    curly1980 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This was me a few days ago, didnt feel hungry because I was like "food...meh". I found a website that you put ingredients into and it gives you a load of recipes. I choose the low fat or healthy pages, there are a lot of good ideas on there and it's got me excited about food again.

www.food.com

Hope this helps x
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Look for new recipes that sound pleasing to you and try them out. Try something you've never had, or new paring of foods. New spices or spice combinations.
  • ruizv17
    ruizv17 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great suggestions!
  • MeredithAntonetti
    Options
    Sounds like you're in a food rut, we've all been there! Try taking some of your unhealthy favorites and seeing what you can do to make them into a healthier choice. It's challenging and fun to see what you can re-create. I love Mexican food so I took my favorite (fajita's) and changed some things up (Ex: plain greek yogurt vs sour cream; dry rub vs a sauce; reg tortilla for high fiber low carb option). Hope this helps and happy cooking!
  • mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It is probably time to change up some of your foods. I get into those ruts, too. Try dry rubs for meats and experimenting with spices. :drinker:
  • _TimeForMe
    _TimeForMe Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    What were your favorite go to foods?
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    eat ome yummy peanut butter!