What's your favorite (low cal) Breakfast, lunch and dinner??

Options
I'm kinda getting tired of my egg white, reduced fat shredded cheese and broccoli scramble every AM. Also my tilapia and green beans. I need some new tasty things to cook. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Raychel_xoxo
    Options
    1 cup of the Special K Red Berries cereal with milk! 165 cals =)
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    Breakfast, Oatmeal, English light muffin and no sugar jelly, English muffin and peanut butter. cold ceral, egg ommlet w/vegs

Lunch , soup and crackers change the kinds of soup if you eat it often... , Turkey sandwiich on light bread with Lettuce and tomatoe . tuna and crackers, yogurt, cottage cheese and fruit, yougart and fruit, B L T on Light bread w/ tomatoe and lettuce

This is a few that I like .. I try to eat light breakfast and lunch . No big cooked meals... But for dinner I always cook a meal for the family.
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    For breakfast I love two slices of toasted 35 calorie wheat bread with a tsp of peanut butter on each with apple slices on top and a cup of 1% milk.
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, thanks!
  • goatskinlegs
    goatskinlegs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Erewhon's Rice Twice Cereal with Raw Whole Milk = 369 Calories, but you'll be full until lunch.

Lunch:
    My World Famous (to me atleast) Power Sandwich which consists of:
    2 slices of Udi's Whole Grain Gluten-Free Bread = 160 Calories
    2 tbsp of Mayo = 180 Calories
    Yellow Mustard = 0 Calories
    2 slices of Nitrate Free Organic Roast Beef = 80 Calories
    2 slices of Nitrate Free Free Range Turkey = 50 Calories
    1/2 a slice of Raw Provolone Cheese = 50 Calories
    1 slice of Vine Ripened Organic Tomato = 6 Calories
    4 or 5 leaves of Baby Romaine Lettece = 1 Calorie
    2 slices of Locally grown Organic Avocado = 50 Calories
    Total Caloric Intake = 577 Calories, which may seem off the charts, but vitamin mineral and nutrient wise it's a great source of everything you need during the day, plus with the mono and poly unsaturated fats from the bread and avocado coupled with the low sodium meats makes for a bloat reducing energy boosting sandwich, or Power Sandwich :)

Dinner:
    1 Free Range antibiotic free Chicken breast = 130 Calories
    Alexia Oven Roasted Red Potatoes (8 pieces) = 360 Calories
    Total Caloric Intake = 490 Calories Which is a nice, lean, and light weight end to a great day.

It's not always just about Calories, it's about HOW you ingest those calories and what those calories offer nutrient wise pound for pound.
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    Options
    Honestly, I'm scared to eat all that! The power sandwich sounds good but like u said the calories will scare me off. :-(
    My sandwiches usually amount to 350. You must work out a bunch
  • goaprilgo
    Options
    For breakfast i have an open faced egg sandwich-

-1.5 slices turkey bacon(1/2 piece goes to the dog)
    -1 egg fried in nonstick pan
    -teany tiny smear of WW light whipped cream cheese(35 calories for 2tbs so I prob use 10 cals)
    -1/2 of a trader joes whole bean hamburger bun toast

I get an insane workout at the marine base at 6am two mornings a week and this is what fills be up and satifies me the best
  • goatskinlegs
    goatskinlegs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm scared to eat all that! The power sandwich sounds good but like u said the calories will scare me off. :-(
    My sandwiches usually amount to 350. You must work out a bunch

it should never be JUST about the calories. It should honestly be more about what you get from your calories. I mean, you could sit around all day and eat 4 Snickers bars and fill your caloric intake for the day, but you wont be nourished and so you'll feel hungry. Where as with nutrient rich balanced calories you'll feel full longer and have more energy and a better mood set.

I know it seems like alot of calories, but Male RMR is ALWAYS higher than female RMR, so maybe Goat's Power Sandwich isn't for you, but look into nutrient rich foods verses the world or calorie dense low nutrient processed foods like Bleached Enriched Flour and HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) Because being skinny is fine, but at the end of the day it's about being healthy right? :)

GOOD LUCK!!! Feel free to hit me up anytime :)
  • cberen
    Options
    My favorite thing right now is roasted broccoli with garlic. Really Really simple -- basically the Perricone Broccoli recipe from his website, but I've adjusted it a little because I didn't think the lemon or parm cheese was necessary.

Roasted Broccoli with Garlic

Several heads of broccoli
    TB or so of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    4-6 garlic cloves minced (or to taste -- I put a LOT of garlic on my broccoli)
    Salt and Pepper to taste

Pre-heat oven to 400. Space broccoli out on cookie/baking sheet so none are touching. Drizzle with a couple TB of EVOO and salt and pepper to taste. Roast in oven for 15-20 min, occasionally scraping them off sheet and checking to make sure not overcooking. When they are mostly crispy and slightly browned, thats when I put in the minced garlic in with the broccoli and return sheet to oven for another 5 min or so, so the garlic gets crisp and browned as well.

Easy and delicious -- Roasting is a great way to get in that good for you broccoli. Enjoy!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I am not sure this is my "favorite" but when I came up with it this morning, it was definitely in the running....:wink:

Today I made an asparagus frittata for brunch, as follows:

Ingredients:
    .25 grams sweet onion
    .25 grams green pepper
    .50 grams fresh asparagus ( 2 spears)
    a little water
    a shake or two of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb on the veggies.
    1 whole egg and
    3 egg whites
    1 tablespoon of fat free cottage cheese.
    a couple of shakes of Mrs. Dash regular seasoning in the egg mixture

Cut up the veggies, place them in a nonstick pan on about medium heat. Shake on the Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb. When they have sizzled for a couple of minutes, add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan, and put a lid on them.

While the water is cooking away, combine the eggs, cottage cheese and the other Mrs. Dash seasoning, and whisk everything well. By now the water is pretty well cooked out of your pan. Pour the egg mixture in, and move the pan around, if needed, to evening distribute the egg mixture all over the bottom. Kick the heat up a couple of notches to about medium high, and when you can see the bubbles starting to pop up to the top in your eggs, reduce the heat back to a little below medium, and cover your pan.

My cookware has glass lids, so it is easy to watch the progress. Thanks to the cottage cheese, you will get some big "poofy" air bubbles as it cooks, and when you can see the egg mixture no longer has any runny spots in it, removed the pan from the heat, and let it sit for a minute or two. The "poofs" will sink down, which is fine. You should be able to use a flat turner, such as for pancakes, and flip the egg "pancake" to fold it over halfway. Then you can lift the entire thing off the pan and on to your plate. I logged the ingredients in the quantities described, and it came to 20 grams of protein, 158 calories, 7 carbs, and 5 grams of fat.

I was thinking this is a good "go to" meal for dinner, if you realize you don't have many calories left. I was going to have it with a Flatout flat bread, which would add another 100 calories, but I was full enough from the frittata alone, so I saved it for later as a snack
  • jflynch45
    Options
    Go buy Jimmy Dean Light breakfast sandwhiches......260-290 cals. Worth it!:smile:
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I don't have any especially unique suggestions, but if you want something really easy and yet tasty, I recommend cooking boneless skinless chicken breasts in 1 tbsp EVOO, sprinkle both sides with a bit of garlic powder (or garlic salt), onion powder, italian seasoning, and salt (only if you use garlic powder instead of the garlic salt) and then cook some brown sticky rice. I got mine from an Asian market nearby, and it is the first time I've truly enjoyed brown rice!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    Options
    Thanx Y'all! Oh, and I always roast my broccoli w/ garlic. Awesome flavor. Keep em comin!
  • ThinIN6
    Options
    Great Ideas. I am new, love all the wonderful meal ideas. Thanks for sharing!