Sugars goal always missed

Options
I can try and meet my other goals but always end up exceeding sugars because of the natural content of yogurt, milk and Frits. What are the alternatives

Replies

• beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It seems to me MFP's calculated sugar goals are wacky so what worked for me was to remove the Sugar column from my food chart. I know if I'm going overboard with sugar or not, so I don't need to see it in print.
  • Hhhsyed
    Hhhsyed Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks beachg
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition, don't worry about it.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I recently read an article about this. According to the AMA adults should only have 20 grams of sugar a day. That sugar should should only be counted as refined sugar. Natural sugars are not to be counted in that total. I just had this discussion with my husband because he is a faithful Coke drinker. Granted he's not obese like others though (damn him and his high metabolism!).
    Anyway I would say just count refined that is what I do.
  • FrankLangers
    Options
    I was worried about this as well, there seems to be a lot of similar threads on this forum and others. I genuinely don't know the answer (I came here looking for one!) I've been missing my goals on days where I've not had any added sugar, just from fruit and milk.
    I found this article http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/sugars.aspxfrom the NHS (National Health Service in the UK) which says not to count sugars which naturally occur such as in fruit and milk (unless you have a pre exisiting condition in which case listen to your doctor!). It also gives other information on sugar.