Consistency Works (Picture to Prove It)

alienrite
alienrite Posts: 314 Member
fda4fcda-c978-4902-97cb-a413eb668d04_zps9be84684.jpg

Despite all my past efforts using diets, drugs, and frantic exercise, nothing has worked like logging food on MFP and working out at an intensity that lets me be active every single day. Consistency is the magic bullet that brings it all together.

Replies

• NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    congrats on your loss you look great!
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    You should be crazy proud of yourself!
  • Wow! That's great! Well done you!!!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    You look fantastic! Beautiful smile!!
  • GymPoet
    GymPoet Posts: 107 Member
    You are inspirational!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Amen! It's a marathon!

Well done on your transformation!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    I totally agree! Congrats on your success and hard work. I can only imagine how much your lab tests improved! Best to you in your journey of maintaining. You look great.

Shirley in Oregon
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Most amazing, I got my photo to post correctly; sized right and everything.
  • Great job!!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Way to be! I love/appreciate your distinction between "frantic exercise" and "working out at an intensity that lets me be active every single day".

When selling the MFP approach to friends/family, one thing I tell them was that in the past, when I exercised, it was a mad dash in a race with no finish line. I'd wear myself out and run myself to the ground and go to sleep at night believing that I hadn't done enough only to wake up the next day dreading the unfathomable torture of endless exercise and too sore to work as hard as in the previous day. Combine that with a temptation to starve myself (or severely deprive myself) and I was just setting myself up to fail with a system that was unhealthy and unsustainable.

Luckily, I found MFP and met the right people and learned the lesson you're demonstrating here...that consistency with a manageable program works! I've lost consistently each month since starting this thing in about Oct 2012 and am enjoying it all.

Thanks for sharing your success! I hope/believe it is one more piece of evidence re: consistency that will help other MFPers make the right choices and thereby avoid the bad fitness/diet habits of the past. :)

Kudos.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Well done. You look amazing. Your eyes are so much more full of life. I'm so happy that you found the right formula, especially for activity, that's the key.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,159 Member
    A Picture is worth..............congrats Gregg, you have done a great job! ????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    you look younger and happier. Great job!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    You look a whole different person!! Amazing work!!! Congrats on a job well done!!!
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Way to be! I love/appreciate your distinction between "frantic exercise" and "working out at an intensity that lets me be active every single day".

When selling the MFP approach to friends/family, one thing I tell them was that in the past, when I exercised, it was a mad dash in a race with no finish line. I'd wear myself out and run myself to the ground and go to sleep at night believing that I hadn't done enough only to wake up the next day dreading the unfathomable torture of endless exercise and too sore to work as hard as in the previous day. Combine that with a temptation to starve myself (or severely deprive myself) and I was just setting myself up to fail with a system that was unhealthy and unsustainable.

Luckily, I found MFP and met the right people and learned the lesson you're demonstrating here...that consistency with a manageable program works! I've lost consistently each month since starting this thing in about Oct 2012 and am enjoying it all.

Thanks for sharing your success! I hope/believe it is one more piece of evidence re: consistency that will help other MFPers make the right choices and thereby avoid the bad fitness/diet habits of the past. :)

Kudos.

Very well said.

Good job OP!
  • Awesome job. You look amazing and way younger than your before picture. Congratulations. Keep it up.
  • Congratulations to you sir! I just began my 50 lb journey, already down 3 pounds my first week. Posts like this fill me with confidence i can achieve my goals.
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Congrats!!! Excellent work. I'm trying to learn this "patience" thing.... it won't get the best of me this time. You are proof!! :)
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Love success stories!! Thanks for sharing...you're looking so fab, and I'm guessing you feel fab too! =))
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Well done...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!