Has anyone tried the Cigarette Diet?

K_Serz
K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
Ive been seeing a lot of ads lately where physicians are promoting the use of cigarettes in order to lose weight. I am really at my wits end here because although I have lost some weight I am stuck at a plateau now and fear that I will never hit the goal I set for myself unless I make a change. I feel that the Cigarette Diet might be the thing that gets me over that hump?

cigarette-diet_3.jpg

Has anyone else tried this? What are your thoughts? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Great idea. Once you have developed throat or lung cancer, the radiation and chemo will really help keep those extra pounds at bay.

Sorry i think I just fed a troll.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    You. Are. Not. Right. Lol!!!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    OMG I so want this!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    I don't know. I think there is some debate going on that cigarettes may actually be UNhealthy for you. I could be wrong though. There are no formal studies to conclude it, but that's what they're saying now. In any case you should look into HCG instead. It's the "new" thing. Cigarettes are so 20 minutes ago.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    i was on it till last friday, i was losing between 29.9 and 40.2 pounds* per week, had to give it up though..... too bloody expensive.

*pounds being our currency :wink:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    LOL although very wrong it was probably very right. OOOO another correlation to obesity happens about the same time smoking rates drop.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    tumblr_mrgdeloTsR1s6j619o1_500.gif

Even works out your face muscles!!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Great idea. Once you have developed throat or lung cancer, the radiation and chemo will really help keep those extra pounds at bay.

Wow, what a MEANIE! But my goal is weight loss and if it helps me meet my goal then whats wrong with that? Why cant you just be supportive? :cry:
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    I've tried eating cigarettes, but so far it hasn't worked. Did give me a horrible case of indigestion though.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member

Wow, what a MEANIE! But my goal is weight loss and if it helps me meet my goal then whats wrong with that? Why cant you just be supportive? :cry:

Agreed. People should be supportive here in helping to achieve his goals.
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Ive been seeing a lot of ads lately where physicians are promoting the use of cigarettes in order to lose weight. I am really at my wits end here because although I have lost some weight I am stuck at a plateau now and fear that I will never hit the goal I set for myself unless I make a change. I feel that the Cigarette Diet might be the thing that gets me over that hump?

Has anyone else tried this? What are your thoughts? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    This is exactly what I need! I think we should start a group
    tumblr_m5ghs0XGsn1r4nw4a.gif
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    tumblr_inline_mi2nrphnnL1qz4rgp_zps520c831d.gif
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    2lsb049.gif

It only works if you do it like this.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Cigarettes: IIFYM
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member

I think this is a great idea. You should expose yourself to as many carcinogens as possible, really. Don't even bother with the sunscreen, drink tons of Diet Coke, eat lots of french fries (helloooooo dollar menu!) and steal burgers from your neighbors while they're grilling out back. I read on the internet that these things all cause cancer, along with cigarettes. With the cost of cigarettes these days, you won't even be able to afford food, so it's really a win all the way around. :drinker:
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    I tried, but the tobacco kept getting stuck in my teeth everytime I chewed them. They were too big to swallow whole!
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    I tried, but the tobacco kept getting stuck in my teeth everytime I chewed them. They were too big to swallow whole!

Try taking the filters off first. They're so hard to swallow plus I've heard they're not good for you anyway!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    I tried that for a while but I must not have been consuming enough as it caused weight gain.
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    These are very inspirational Thank you OP
    ad2.jpg

vintage-tobacco-advertisements.jpg
  • ArtemisRuns

Sorry, here is my backstory: My mom was a smoker and developed throat cancer in 2008. After 6 months of radiation she is cancer free and healed, except the radiation fried her so much that her salivary glands are gone. Guess what, you can't eat if you can't make saliva. She lives on Ensure now. Yes, she is much thinner.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member

Sorry, here is my backstory: My mom was a smoker and developed throat cancer in 2008. After 6 months of radiation she is cancer free and healed, except the radiation fried her so much that her salivary glands are gone. Guess what, you can't eat if you can't make saliva. She lives on Ensure now. Yes, she is much thinner.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
  • ArtemisRuns
    Cancer is awful. Not even fun to toy with the idea of starting smoking.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member

Woah, thread no longer funny. That is super awful and sad. Sorry for you mom.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Combine that with The Divorce Diet and you've got a recipe for all kinds of weight loss. And sanity loss, too. True story.