It's 12:30 AM and I want a snack! (Not fruit or veggies)

Options
What to do, what to do??? I've been on my diet for 17 days now and I'm 14 lbs down but sheesh i am human! I gotta snack on something. Honestly this is my second time in the evening that 'm not sure if I can say " drink a bottle of water and wait until breakfast Adriann!". I still have or wait it's past 12:00. well i HAD 677 calories left for the day. I just ate 26 unsalted peanuts but that did nothing. *tear* I know I should just wait because I don't need, need a snack but I'm really wanting some salty goodness! lol HELP

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    TEA! You really want comfort! I love Good Earth Original Decaf Sweet & Spicy - any tea will do, the more flavor the better. Or - Diet Swiss Miss (Cocoa).

Perhaps don't leave quite as many calories on the table too1 You may still be hungry!
  • crodrigz
    Options
    It sounds like you are really hungry. If you still had those extra calories you deprived yourself during the day. As long as you eat something healthy using your extra calories you should not feel guilty or deprived. Hope that helps.
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My 100 calories kettle popcorn????
  • JoyCarter
    Options
    Diet Coke!!...it has zero calories but the carbonation helps make you feel full:D
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If it helps at all I have been really hungry at midnight and I have made myself a full blown turkey sandwich with all the trimmings. At least it was healthy and the brown bread filled me up! I know it may not be "good" snack but hope I helped.

Have something. toast and peanut butter or something if you wake up hungry you might overdo it tomorrow. Good luck.

Maybe a big glass of chocolate milk?
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    What to do, what to do??? I've been on my diet for 17 days now and I'm 14 lbs down but sheesh i am human! I gotta snack on something. Honestly this is my second time in the evening that 'm not sure if I can say " drink a bottle of water and wait until breakfast Adriann!". I still have or wait it's past 12:00. well i HAD 677 calories left for the day. I just ate 26 unsalted peanuts but that did nothing. *tear* I know I should just wait because I don't need, need a snack but I'm really wanting some salty goodness! lol HELP

If you haven't gone to bed yet you can still count it as the day before. 677 calories left is a LOT- no wonder you're hungry!! Eat something!! And it is ok to eat something salty, too- just find better alternatives. Wheat Thins have a baked cracker chip (lots of flavors) which is really good, pretzel thins, 100 calorie packs, etc. etc. etc.

Don't think of this as a diet, think of it as a lifestyle change. A diet will fail because you'll go back to the way you used to eat. You are going to eat better forever- and that means YES having some snacks and treats! You ARE only human, as we all are, and totally depriving yourself is NOT going to help!!
  • viccoxo
    viccoxo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think when you diet, its good to reward yourself with a little treat once in a while.
    Depriving yourself with the foods you love will only make you want to crave it more.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Sure why not. If you want the popcorn, go for it, it's only 100 calories. :)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    milk is good, or an apple with cheese. both should fill you up enough to get you through till morning. careful with salty things late at night, as it might spike an urge to wash it with something artificially sweet.
  • mctoy
    Options
    Try having 4 graham crackers with peanut butter, well within the 600 cal you have left for the day
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Fourteen pounds in 17 days!!!?!??!?? o_0 Too much weight lost too quickly isn't healthy. And if you're regularly 600 cals under, you're not doing yourself any favors. Eat some trail mix. It's a good mix of fat, protein, and calories. That and, if you get the right kind, there's even a little chocolate goodness in there.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options

If you haven't gone to bed yet you can still count it as the day before. 677 calories left is a LOT- no wonder you're hungry!! Eat something!! And it is ok to eat something salty, too- just find better alternatives. Wheat Thins have a baked cracker chip (lots of flavors) which is really good, pretzel thins, 100 calorie packs, etc. etc. etc.

Don't think of this as a diet, think of it as a lifestyle change. A diet will fail because you'll go back to the way you used to eat. You are going to eat better forever- and that means YES having some snacks and treats! You ARE only human, as we all are, and totally depriving yourself is NOT going to help!!

I second everything Cytherea said! Try to spread your calories out throughout the day so that you only leave 100-200 for a reasonable evening snack. For now, if you're hungry tonight, then by all means have a reasonable snack! I know you said no veggies/fruit, but fruit can make a great filling night-time snack - vitamins/minerals/fiber and naturally sweet! You could have an apple and peanut butter to get some protein and healthy fat in there too.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    JUST EAT. Just because it is past 12am does not mean that you cannot have something. Be smart, don't go get cake or a cheesburger, but eat. Don't make this change in your life a painful thing......

I personally eat Low Carb NOT Low Cal......if I am hungry, I just eat. You don't want to doom yourself before you really get going........................

Graham crackers with Peanut butter sounds great
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Fourteen pounds in 17 days!!!?!??!?? o_0 Too much weight lost too quickly isn't healthy.

This is not always true.....some people lose fast in the beginning....I lost 10lbs in 1 week. Doctor said all was fine as long as I had the fat surpluses to shed.....so this is not always true