Waist trimmer?

Options
Ok so I subscribe to these guy on youtube and was bored today and was poking around their videos today and came across this one. I watched it a few times and thought that the idea behind what theyre saying may be plausible. Thought about giving it a shot since its only about $11 on amazon. Heres the video, Watch it and let me know what you think!

NSFW they curse a lot lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL-cSiLj55M

Replies

• bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch the video but I can tell you that there is no such thing as "spot reducing". Muscles are made in the gym and abs are made in the kitchen. You won't "whittle away your waist" no matter how many crunches you do or how many ab machines you buy. You have to lose the fat and the only way to lose fat is to create a calorie deficit. Lift heavy, eat adequate protein for your size and use that money to go see a good movie.
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch the video but I can tell you that there is no such thing as "spot reducing". Muscles are made in the gym and abs are made in the kitchen. You won't "whittle away your waist" no matter how many crunches you do or how many ab machines you buy. You have to lose the fat and the only way to lose fat is to create a calorie deficit. Lift heavy, eat adequate protein for your size and use that money to go see a good movie.

^^^^ This!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    bump to watch the video later and for ensuing debate
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    First, a trimmer waist can be accomplished with a calorie deficit. Second, I started the video before responding....but...I am not going to buy anything from anybody that starts the sales pitch off with......something about my Kool-Aid smile? :huh:

ETA: anything like this is a waste of cash. Eat at a deficit to lose weight and exercise for fitness.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Now i am wondering if what there saying about people not getting enough blood in the midsection is the reason why people lose that fat last. I never heard that before.
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Whos talking about crunches and eating? Of course dieting and exercise are the main components to losing weight but what they say actually makes sense. They joke around and kid a lot but they do have some good stuff on their channel. Watch the video then comment. Its not for spot reduction but more of an AID to help increase blood flow to the area to help... never said it was a miracle.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • carbons2k
    Options
    im 60 days in and only lost 1/2 inch around my belly and waist area... everything else stayed the same or went down even more...
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Whos talking about crunches and eating? Of course dieting and exercise are the main components to losing weight but what they say actually makes sense. They joke around and kid a lot but they do have some good stuff on their channel. Watch the video then comment. Its not for spot reduction but more of an AID to help increase blood flow to the area to help... never said it was a miracle.

I never heard of it before. I wonder if there is any validity in this.
    I have a waist trimmer at home that i have never used. I might have to try it .
  • carbons2k
    Options
    I cant see it hurting. Ive tried 60 days with good nutrition and killing myself day in and day out at the gym to yield little to no results... If i spend $12 on a waist trimmer, even if it doesnt work... its not like Im gonna miss a car payment bc of it lol
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Attempted to watch the video but got the "something went wrong" dead file folder face.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I cant see it hurting. Ive tried 60 days with good nutrition and killing myself day in and day out at the gym to yield little to no results... If i spend $12 on a waist trimmer, even if it doesnt work... its not like Im gonna miss a car payment bc of it lol

OK. So you posted a video seeking validation to buy a waist trimmer. Got it.
  • IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

You're a dude, and us dudes generally have the "stubborn" fat around our bellies, love handles, and lower back...a.k.a. your "waist". It's extremely common for this to be the last fat to go, so you have to achieve sufficient leanness elsewhere to make significant progress here.

Keeping eating at deficit, workout hard, eat lots of protein, and save your $12. Seriously.
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Options

So try it and then let us know how it works. The most you'll be out is 12 bucks like you said. Or you could just wrap your abdomen in plastic wrap and save 10 bucks.

I'm sorry...I'm being a smart *kitten* :)