Pre-workout

Options
I've tried a sample of Pump Hd and I liked it. It's just pretty dang expensive. I also do Burn 60 every once in a while.

What have you guys tried? What do you love? What do you hate?

Ready, go!

Replies

• Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    On lifting days I use Super Pump Max prior to lifting. On cardio days I eat a banana before working out. I like Con Cret Creatine also which I take every day.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    coffee or caffeine pill for me

I'd rather save my money and taking that stuff everyday cannot be beneficial.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    A piece of toast with PB is my go-to for before cardio
  • Shelleybean29
    Shelleybean29 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I can't live without my E&E (Energy and Endurance). There are days I could not get through a workout without it. Love it and it is all natural.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I generally try to go into any workout, be it cardio or strength, on an empty tank. Minimum of 4 hours with no food before a workout.
  • jmellott99
    jmellott99 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i have tried a few pre-workout drinks, but i really enjoy the taste and effects of Buzzerk
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I can't eat/drink (other than water) prior to a workout for 1-2 hours or I feel sick afterwards. I do try to eat a small snack such as yogurt or cheese about two hours prior to exercise, so I'm not hangry!

I have been able to walk/jog two hours after eating dinner, as long as it wasn't a big heavy dinner.
  • ShrinkingLauren88
    ShrinkingLauren88 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    yea i'm talking moreso about supplements, etc rather than food. I don't like to eat before my workouts, either, unless it's a small snack.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have tried a lot of pre-workouts along with coffee. I believe it may best to only use them when you are going to do a heavy or high intense workout. You want to prevent your body from getting use to the stims; although, some adrenal support supplements are supposed to prevent this from happening.
  • ShrinkingLauren88
    ShrinkingLauren88 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have tried a lot of pre-workouts along with coffee. I believe it may best to only use them when you are going to do a heavy or high intense workout. You want to prevent your body from getting use to the stims; although, some adrenal support supplements are supposed to prevent this from happening.

yes I agree. I only take them on really heavy or intense days because of that fact, that's why I don't want to spend a lot of money on something I'm not using that often. Sometimes I just need a little extra boost :)
  • gonesewing
    gonesewing Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hammer Gel packs.
  • galloway1212
    Options
    I usually drink shakeology before working out and results and recovery after (on those super hard workout days).
  • Shelleybean29
    Shelleybean29 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I usually drink shakeology before working out and results and recovery after (on those super hard workout days).

I use shakeology as well. Great for energy!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Creatine & Beta Alanine about 30-40 minutes before I lift.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    neurocore works really well... been trying Mr. Hyde and it seems ok. dont give the normal pre workout feeling, but energy level seems to build all the way through the workout.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Oxyelite pro powder + amino x combined
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I workout out at 9am, so I do eat before I go. I make 3 eggs with 2 cups cabbage, 1c carrots and 1c celery. I eat some before and the rest when I come back from my workout with a banana.

On Saturdays I go on an empty stomach because I make a big breakfast for the family which is different from what I eat during the week. So I wait until then to eat.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I take some form of a caffeine pill but only because I hit the gym at 4am and I need to wake-up, otherwise I wouldn't take and nor would I recommend taking any of those supplements that get you all "jacked-up" (no pun intended).

1. They cost a lot for minimal effect
    2. They typically have creatine in them and you can buy creatine monohydrate for a fraction of the cost and it's just as good
    3. Their overall benefit to strength gains and "fat burning" is minimal
    4. Some of them you don't know what everything in it is doing to your body, look at how much of this crap gets banned.

Save your money and stick to simpler forms of caffeine to get you going and things like creatine monohydrate, beta-alanine are fine.