I am a loser

Options
I lost over 75lbs before starting MFP. Lagged, started mfp then lost 25 more. Great. I have started lifting weights a bit, eating more, stopped logging. Stepped on the scale, gained 9lbs!!! i feel bad. I need to start beig accountable again. I also thin the fact that everyday I have a shake with PB in it, and noticed today that in on day almost half the jar is gone has alot to do with it. Any tips or encouragement welcomed!!

Replies

• poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    anyone
  • Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi there. Congrats on your weight loss so far! Well, the thing that jumped out at me is "I stopped logging". You really need to know how much you're eating! Log for a week or two at your current diet and see what your calories look like.

Now, I also wanted to add that when I first started lifting I had a small gain. I've been told this is your muscles retaining water to repair themselves.
  • amandak2080
    Options
    Set backs will happen. Focus on where you're going, not on where you've been. What is the better expenditure of your energy? Beating yourself up for gaining 9 lbs? Or redoubling your efforts and getting back to what helped you lose weight in the first place? (Awesome job, by the way!) Blaming and shaming yourself for slipping takes mental and emotional energy away from the real goal (61 lbs?). Be kinder to yourself and stay keyed into your goals.

Maybe a stupid question... are you also taking measurements in addition to stepping on the scale? If you're lifting, some of that gain might be building muscle mass. Muscle is heavier than fat...

You're a loser...you lost 75 lbs before starting MFP...and then you lost a net of 16 more...that's the best kind of loser. You've already accomplished what a lot of people aspire to. Show them how it's done and don't let a lousy 9 lbs stop you!

:-)
  • VaneenHarra
    VaneenHarra Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I noticed you said you were lifting, I do know, well heard that you can gain a bit from the muscle weight? Don't be so hard on yourself, look how far you've come, you have awesome progress.

When I am not at my ideal size I HAVE to keep on writing down what I eat, whether I keep doing it in my home journal, or online here. Maybe you should go back to doing that as well? Once I'm at my *goal* I tend to ease up, and just *know* exactly what amount will lead to what.

Anywho...you are still rocking with all the weight you've lost so far :D
  • poohpoohpeapod
    Options
    TY I have been cheating myself adding extras here and there, n t logging in mfp. I kept track (lied to myself) in a notebook. I wil get back in to the groove. Today I (albeit painfully ) logged brkfst wow! almost 900 calories! The TRUTH hurts!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    So you lost 100lbs, then gained 9 of it back?
    So you still lost 91lbs?

Yep, I would just give up...
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    So you still lost 91lbs?

QFT
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I have a shake with PB in it, and noticed today that in on day almost half the jar is gone has alot to do with it. Any tips or encouragement welcomed!!

Does your husband eat the peanut butter when you're not around. That might explain the quickly disappearing food.
  • mwiechel
    mwiechel Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 91 pounds lost! Your gain may be from muscles and not fat. Just get back into and you can accomplish a lot!

Have you heard of PB2? Its a dry powdered peanut butter that is way less calories, I think about 45 calories for 2 tablespoons. My local grocery store. Try substituting that instead of the regular peanut butter!

Good luck, and fee free to add me as a friend!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    Options
    So you still lost 91lbs?

I knoe how that must sound, however, I know myself. I can create a sl8pppery slope and ignore things. I would rather be a little tough on myself and reign it in now, before it is 90lbs gained back.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    stopped logging.

Start again.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    Options
    The peanut butter eater is me and me alone :(. I have tried the pb2 and it is not the same for me
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    So you still lost 91lbs?

I knoe how that must sound, however, I know myself. I can create a sl8pppery slope and ignore things. I would rather be a little tough on myself and reign it in now, before it is 90lbs gained back.

Try and take the positive from my post.

You still lost 91lbs.

Get back on the horse and try again. I know you can do it!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    So you still lost 91lbs?

So start logging again. Did you think you were ready and just realized you're not? That's okay. And don't just go by the scale. Take some measurements. Good luck with your fitness goals.
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So you are in a bulking phase, lift heavy, eat a few extra calories from protein and enjoy the bulk. Give yourself a month or two of that and then go back to cutting. As long as you lift heavy during this phase you will gain muscle.

That being said, half a jar of peanut butter in a day (unless it's a really small jar) might be a bit excessive - I'd get back to logging and see what you are missing in your diet that is causing you to binge on peanut butter. I find a lack of protein and i crave peanut butter and cheese so I make sure I get enought protein everyday.
  • sparkyval
    Options
    Hey...IF you want to successfully keep the weight off you have to really start working on your approach... after all you have accomplished...you are calling yourself a loser and not in the good way of losing weight? Whoa...have you learned nothing? Get to know yourself and learn to separate yourself from your accomplishments and failures.
    The biggest accomplishments in life have been executed by people who repeatedly failed but didn't give up...not people who hit it right the first time...it was by people who the world would have counted out...look at Abe Lincoln's life for one example of many...
    Winners are constantly making errors, assessing and learning and trying new things...not just in weight loss but in every area... you have lost 90 some pounds and not yet learned that? You need to spend some time dealing with your real issues instead of band aiding the wounds...
    You have accomplished things many overweight people dream about ...seriously ... you reassesssed your shakes? good...peanut butter...love the stuff...weigh it on a scale...don't measure it...weigh it... you have to watch that..

lifestyle change not a diet...the way you live...it has to be different now...and yes you do have to be vigilant...I never did heroin but for those who do...it is always a problem that has to be kept at bay...our nemesis is food...you got this, how dare you beat yourself up... fall reassess...plan and keep moving on the journey...the journey is living not the destination...Forward march soldier!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    SHStJ1n.jpg
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    We all have setbacks. But 91lbs is nothing to ignore, it's pretty darn amazing if you ask me. Think about that rather thinking of yourself as a loser in any negative aspest. Afterall you are a weight loser ;)

Get back to logging.

Maybe not have peanut butter around for awhile if it's your go to when you are upset. I can't keep chocolate in my house in any edible form at this point in time. There are all kinds of nut butters that are healthy and not so easy to just eat out of the jar like peanut butter for shakes.

Keep your head up.