Video Games?

Jenks
Jenks Posts: 349
edited September 21 in Chit-Chat
I just saw someone post about the BL video game and it made me wonder...What video games do you find fun/helpful, which ones do you wish you hadn't spent your money on? And what gaming system do you use (lol...hubby might get a new gaming system for Christmas :laugh: )

Also, are a a gym rat? Only work out at home? What workouts do you typically enjoy? Sorry for all the questions, it's like a workout dating game in here :happy:

Replies

• i love the ea sports active games, i have the first 2 and use them on a daily basis. the ones i have are for the Wii but i think they will be releasing titles for the ps3 and xbox 360 with the addition of motion gaming to those systems.

i have lost 14 pounds since the first of august just playing my wii and walking a couple times a week for 1 hour.
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    I HATE THE GYM!!!! I have been on MFP since July 30th and I have lost 19lb The only exercise I do is walking and the WII I love my wii and love the flexibility it gives me to be able to work out whenever I want if that happens to be midnight and in my PJ's then thats what I do. I have the Wii Fit Plus game and The Biggest Loser.

Wii fit plus was a brilliant place to start to get my fitness up after a while of no exercise to start with its hard then as you get used to it, it becomes easier but I still feel the work out it gives me and I've had it two years!

The Biggest Loser for the Wii is just plain difficult I work out on the Wii normally every other day and only do the biggest loser once a week. My arms are very weak and some of the exercises on the easy setting I just find difficult. Half way through the exercise the man shouts come on my over weight lover get moving this makes me want to throw the remote at his head and sit on the sofa. It makes me sweat like mad so if you want something to push you get this game.

The only game I wish I had purchase it Just Dance I have heard such good reports about it so have ordered version two of it.

I love my Wii and would recommend it to anybody who is trying to lose weight. I love the fact that when I am sat at home on the couch and it is staring at me I feel guilty and get up and work out even if its just for an hour. I love the fact It was one Fee and that’s all I will ever have to pay unless I want more games. When I look at the cost of the gym it scares me! I also think the best thing is it doesn't matter what you wear because only the people in your house will see you doing it and if its anything like my house when the wii fit goes on everyone disappears out of the room so I can get a proper workout without feeling conscious that people are watching.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    I just played the PlayStation Move for the first time last night and I have to tell you that I was instantly addicted. It was so much fun and I didn't realize that I was really getting in a good workout until the game was over and I sat down. I was sweating and a little out of breath. I just bought the PlayStation Move package and it comes with a game that includes beach volleyball, disc golf, bocci ball, table tennis, archery, and (my favorite!) gladiator fighting. At the end of one game my arms were definitely feeling sore from playing the gladiator game. My suggestion to you if you are seriously looking at getting a system or a game, is to make sure that you buy two controllers. We did and I was able to play against someone last night instead of against the computer. It was a blast! Now I don't feel *as guilty* that I didn't make it to the gym yesterday! Good luck picking out your new games!

PS -- PlayStation Move is coming out with a Zumba game in the near future. As yes, it's on my Christmas List already! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.