Daily Check In - Wk of 9/20/10

Options
Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Didn't track

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Didn't set one

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Got a roast chicken sandwich at Arby's instead of the breaded one that I like so much.

What would I have done differently? Track!

What is today's personal goals? Track every bite, water

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 0/7 days of exercise

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Options
    I know Goldk usually starts us out with a new post. But I felt like I needed to get started right after this weekend & was anxious to get a fresh start on the a new week.
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I know Goldk usually starts us out with a new post. But I felt like I needed to get started right after this weekend & was anxious to get a fresh start on the a new week.

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting us Nlongnecker!

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes I did!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Did week 3 of Couch to 5K

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Kept under my calories and exercised

What would I have done differently? Has another healthy snack

What is today's personal goals? Make Stroopwafles ( a scrumptious Dutch cookie) for the Harvest Sale

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/5 days of exercise

Monday weigh-in 137.8 (down a bit :smile: )
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I needed this for this morning. I wasn't really feeling motivated. But am feeling more motivated after this.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? I stayed under my calorie goal but didn't eat the best. Last night I even was packing in calories before I went to bed because I didn't feel like eating.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? I didn't set one.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Went to church. I know my relationship with God positively effects how I feel about myself and encourages me to do better and be better. Plus I'm reading Body By God and it reminds me that this body is not mine but His and it needs to be in shape so I can do and be what He designed me to do and be.

What would I have done differently? Eat better (better food choices)

What is today's personal goals? Continue to journal food (week #1 goal) and watch sodium (week #2 goal). I am adding 50 sit-ups a day (as my week #3 goal).

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - I didn't excersise this week. But my goal is to get 50 sit-ups in (Mon - Sat, Sun off).

I can do this !!!

I am averaging 6 pounds a week of weight loss and I know it's going to level off at some point but I am trying to add one new step a week in order to be more healthy and get me where I need to be for my weight goal.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Would the members of this post mind making their food diary public or even available to friends? I am needing new ideas for meals. Just curious what's working for you.

Thanks!
  • sasmll6577
    Options
    I'm new to this post, but it sounds like just what I need. I haven't lost any weight over the last month, but I do see that since joining MFP I've started making much better choices. Plus in an effort to spend less money, hubby and I aren't eating out nearly as much on the weekends.

My name is Sara, I'm 30 years old and have a 7 month old daughter. I want to lose 17-20 lbs and then start trying for baby #2 :) I gained most of my weight over the last two years, trying to conceive. I had 2 miscarriages in one year which led to me not really wanting to eat right or work out. Then when I got pregnant for a 3rd time I was too scared to work out. So here I am struggling to lose even a pound a week. Hopefully this post will help me stick to it :)

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? For the most part

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Nothing in particular yesterday, but I made good choices all weekend. Husband got chinese for dinner and I got a small Wendy's chili :)

What would I have done differently? Not eaten that cupcake Friday night

What is today's personal goals? Make good food choices and have an awesome work out at the gym today

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - None-had a 7 month old with a fever last week and didn't even get to walk :(

Monday weigh-in 131.2 Haven't gained or lost any weight recently which I will take since I haven't worked out in a while.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Welcome Sara (sasmll6577). It's great to have you here!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not exactly sure of the nature of your group, but it seems like something I might want in on :) I was part of a "lose 5lbs by Sept 30" motivational group, but they seem to have died out. Mind if I hop on with you guys instead?

Monday is my weigh-in day and I gained 0.4lbs after a week of being very sick - Had lost 2.7lbs last week though so I think perhaps it was just a rebound week. I'm 23 years old, a novice running training to complete a 10km race by Oct 30th. I try to run 5 times a week and I stick to my calorie goals as much as humanly possible. I've got about 10-15lbs left to lose and lots of toning to do, but I'm exceptionally happy with my progress so far (nearly 50lbs lost, total since Oct 2009). This last 10-15 is really just holding on for dear life!

Oh and my biggest vice are licorice all sorts, so it's possible that I am an 65 year old British woman trapped in the body of a 23 year old Canuck. Cheers,
    Meag
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Guess I better fill this out....

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? So far, so good. I ate my exercise calories yesterday but I typically do...

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I ran 3.5 miles (5.6km) in less than 38 mins!

What would I have done differently? Not applicable. I had a great day yesterday!

What is today's personal goals? Going to avoid carbs at dinner and go for a mega walk tonight, since it's my rest and stretch day!

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 18.2 miles total Sept 12-18

Monday weigh-in 142.2lbs, up 0.4lbs from last week. GW 140lbs by Sept 30/2010!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Welcome meagalayne! This thread is basically to keep us accountable & help us stay on track. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Under my calories yesterday & it feels great!!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes, I tracked everything & drank all my water.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Everything! I had a really good day. I walked, stayed under my calories & drank all my water. Now if I could only repeat that everyday, I'll be doing good:smile:

What would I have done differently? I thought about doing some strength exercises while watching Dancing With the Stars, but instead I just vegged on the couch. I should've at least done some crunches.

What is today's personal goals? Stay within calories & drink all my water.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 (Mon: Walk)

Thought of the day: (Let me know what you think of doing this each day)
    When you picture yourself at goal, what do you picture yourself doing?

I picture myself dressing in stylish clothes & feeling proud of how I look in them. I also picture myself on vacation at the beach, not feeling self conscious about being in a bathing suit. I also picture myself doing physical activities that my hubby enjoys (kayaking, hiking, running, biking, etc) and being able to keep up!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yep! I ate some of my exercise calories, but not all of them, so that's acceptable :)

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yep! I used grilled eggplant in lieu of a bread product last night with dinner and I walked for 80 mins total. Great day :)

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? I stuck with my personal goal :P Isn't that enough! haha

What would I have done differently? Yesterday was my stretch + strength day, and while I stretched quite a bit I didn't do any strength training. I also had frozen yogurt as a nighttime snack. Stayed within my calories but my body probably didn't need the sugar :S Oh well!

What is today's personal goals? Run 2.5 miles in less than 28 mins, stay under my calorie goal, and eat a healthy lunch even though I'll be out most of the day.

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - So far so good - Ran 3.5 mi on sun, Walked 5.5 mi yesterday.

Could be hard to come up with something new each day ;) But I like it for right now!!
    I picture myself being proud to lay on the beach and show off all the insignificant imperfections that make me human. I see myself wearing clothes that actually fit me properly, instead of loose and baggy in all the wrong places. I also often imagine myself spending a majority of my free time enjoying physical activities with my friends, family and bf every day to stay fit and happy -- I want to be able to share in their past times without feeling limited by my own level of fitness :) And I can tell that I am well on my way.
  • sasmll6577
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Nope :sad: Someone brought M&M cookies into the office and i had 2

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? No because I had the cookies, but I did have a good work out so I reached 1/2 of my goal.

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Didn't get cheese on my sub sandwich like I always do.

What would I have done differently? Avoided the cookies they really aren't worth it.

What is today's personal goals? Stay on track with food, run for 45 minutes at a steady pace and throw some sprints in there every 5 minutes..

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/7 Monday-waliking incline 35 minutes, legs and abs strength

Wearing FANTASTIC clothes and not having to try on 10 different things every morning. being able to pick something from my closet and know it's going to look good. I also picutre myself pregnant and only having a bump while everything else stays the same :)
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    WELCOME, evawilkerson, sasmll6577, meagalayne! So great to have you here!! This is an awesome accountability sight! Short and sweet and hard to beat! Just a helpful hint. - This thread begins new each week. Just click the link at the end of the week to move to the new thread. I have added a Monday weigh-in and now we have the thought of the week. Use what helps YOU!

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? I made the Stroopwafels. Not exactly a "Diet" goal but a mission that had to be accomplished!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Kept under my calories in spite of make 21 dozen cookies!

What would I have done differently? Eaten a health dinner instead of snacked

What is today's personal goals? Do Laundry, (hubby is back from his elk hunt with lots!) Continue C25K

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 1/5 days of exercise

Thought of the week: (Let me know what you think of doing this each day) When you picture yourself at goal, what do you picture yourself doing?:
    I am picturing myself getting up before 6:00 each morning so I can be organized enough to make it out to exercise each day and sticking with this until I can run the 5K without discomfort.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Would the members of this post mind making their food diary public or even available to friends? I am needing new ideas for meals. Just curious what's working for you.

Thanks!

Just made mine open for friends to look at. Yesterday was a bad example! All that cookie making left me with lots of snacking and not a healthy dinner! It will be interesting to see what everyone is eating!
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Stayed under calories and worked out

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Eating better and the elliptical for 60 mins

What would I have done differently? Daily Check In :bigsmile:

What is today's personal goals? Elliptical - 60 mins DONE... go for a walk tonight

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/7 days of exercise
  • goldk
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Elliptical for 60 minutes and a 45 minute walk

What would I have done differently? Nothing - good day

What is today's personal goals? Elliptical, track calories and post my daily check in :bigsmile:

• sasmll6577
    Options

Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Almost, had a glass of wine with hubby while we grilled out, very relaxing

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes and No, I didn't run, but burned just as many calories on the eliptical and did 100 obliques (each side) 100 crunches, 100 leg presses and 75 tricep dips :) Abs are quite sore today :)

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Abs, Abs and more abs!

What would I have done differently? Avoid that damn cookie again :( I have loved sweets ever since being pregnant.

What is today's personal goals? 45 minutes on eleiptcal and same strength moves plus more legs

• meagalayne
    Options
    Did you stay within your nutritional goals? Yes! Except for sodium....Opted for something with higher sodium + lower calories last night when I was out with a friend.

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Yes! All of them. Ran 2.31 miles in less than 24 mins, which I was really proud of, stayed under my calorie goal despite feeling starved all day, and ate a really healthy lunch that I packed for myself. High protein, low carb, low fat :)

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Fastest run yet! I am taking less rest/recovery periods and feeling really good about my pace.

What would I have done differently? Went out to the bar with a good friend last night and I always struggle, because I don't drink and so I never know what to order. At first I just ordered soda water w/ lime but after an hour I was craving a caesar so I just ordered a glass of clamato juice - holy cow the sodium is through the roof! 60 cal though, so I don't feel terrible :) could have been much worse.

What is today's personal goals? 30 mins of cross training (circuit training/body weight training in the house + speed walking) and making healthy choices tonight at the boyfriend's house...

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - so far so good - 2/7
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options

Did I reach yesterday's personal goal? Got 'er done!

What did I do yesterday that I am proud of? Staying with-in my calories - again! Continued with C25K.

What would I have done differently? 1 less glass of wine

What is today's personal goals? More laundry, work at the desk, make stroganoff for the family - work on the elliptical. Maybe a little ambitious!

exercise weekly progress (Sun-Sat) - 2/5 days of exercise
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options

What would I have done differently? Daily Check In :bigsmile:

You are too funny! Glad you are checkin' in! Nothing like a little friendly pressure! :flowerforyou: