how many eggs?

Options
Lorix94
Lorix94 Posts: 108 Member
Hi everyone! I'm eating up to 4eggs daily. Is it fine? Healthy?
Or I have to decrease a little bit?

Replies

• shayleac
    shayleac Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That is fine.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    There was a programme on the BBC some months ago which investigated what would happen to your cholesterol levels if you ate 'too many' eggs, and the (not massively scientific) results of the study found that the answer was ... not much.

HTH
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I was going to come here to make a similar thread about eggs (go figure).

I guess it depends on who you talk to. The yolk has all the cholesterol, but it's dietary cholesterol, which some say is not what you really have to watch out for...that would be saturated fat.

MY question was this: If I eat a bunch of egg whites to supplement my protein intake, what would be a good use for the yolks, assuming I hard boiled the eggs? Get some mustard and relish and mix them together? Look for some ideas on this.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You should be fine. I eat about 3 a day most days.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I could eat eggs till the cows came home........
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    you be finE!
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You should be fine. I usually eat 2 scrambled eggs per day
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I eat upwards of 10 a day.

Whole.

yes. whole eggs.

Cholesterol in the eggs has little to do with the gunk in your heart.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

I guess it depends on who you talk to. The yolk has all the cholesterol, but it's dietary cholesterol, which some say is not what you really have to watch out for...that would be saturated fat.

MY question was this: If I eat a bunch of egg whites to supplement my protein intake, what would be a good use for the yolks, assuming I hard boiled the eggs? Get some mustard and relish and mix them together? Look for some ideas on this.

If you're going to supplement protein with egg whites, I'd suggest just buying egg whites for that purpose rather than wasting a whole egg. I know there are some baking applications you can use just the yolk, but I'm really not into all of that.

OP...you will be fine. Dietary cholesterol has little to no bearing on blood serum levels. Your body produces more naturally than you could ever consume...it's like dropping a penny in a vault with billions of dollars in it.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm eating up to 4eggs daily. Is it fine? Healthy?
    Or I have to decrease a little bit?

bro. youre shredded. maybe we should be asking YOU the questions...

answer to your original post....eat ALL the eggs.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Cadbury eggs? =D
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs? Egg whites? Soft Yolk? Scrambled? Please elaborate.

Doesn't matter, the answer is yes!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

If you can separate the yolk before you boil it you can make homemade mayo with the yolks ... it's amazing provided you use an oil that you like the flavour of. There isn't a ton you can do with the yolks but eat them when you have hard boiled them. Put the whites in a container that is heat proof and boil them in there (or get those eggies things) so you can keep the yolks raw. Or just buy the cartons of egg whites.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    EGGS. GOOD.
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    Eggs=protein. Protein=help in gaining muscle. Eggs are never a bad thing as long as you're not eating a whole bunch at every meal. If you're concerned with calories or fat, you can always buy liquid egg whites. 9 tablespoons of egg whites is equal to 3 large eggs.
  • ILoveBreakfast671
    ILoveBreakfast671 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I used to eat 2 fried eggs everyday with half a pack of bacon and 2 boiled eggs. Now I'm eating about 300 grams, about 6 or 7 medium size eggs.
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options

If you're going to supplement protein with egg whites, I'd suggest just buying egg whites for that purpose rather than wasting a whole egg. I know there are some baking applications you can use just the yolk, but I'm really not into all of that.

OP...you will be fine. Dietary cholesterol has little to no bearing on blood serum levels. Your body produces more naturally than you could ever consume...it's like dropping a penny in a vault with billions of dollars in it.

I'll probably just continue eating whole eggs, haha.
  • DRTChic
    DRTChic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Cadbury eggs? =D

^^These are the ONLY eggs I would eat! =o)