P90X Calories Burned

neelia
neelia Posts: 750 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone know the amount of calories burned for each P90X video? My husband and I are starting today and I'm trying to plan my meals around the calories burned. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    I was wondering the same thing, my hubby and I started last week.
  • they have calorie counter watches you can buy on the web site of P90X.... I just got mine over the weekend haven't used it
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    without a HRM it is difficult to say. They can burn anywhere from 300-900 depending on how hard you bring it, how much you weigh, what gender you are, the amount you modify the moves, etc.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    I recently purchased a heart rate monitor and I'm so glad that I did. The approximate calories burned are not quite the same as the actual, but it's a good start. I was logging my workout in based on my age and weight and length of time of workout, but when I put my heart rate monitor on, it turns out that I was much less than what I was logging in and I wasn't eating enough calories. It's a good investment.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Definitely look into getting a heart rate monitor. That way you know exactly how many calories you are burning and know how many calories you can consume without going over. I got one recently and love it.
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    I don't know how much faith I have in this Timex HRM's calorie counter but as a 43yr male around 235lb, with a pretty bad BMI (higher end of overweight basically), going into P90X after a very long hiatus from exercise,...my day 2 (Plyometrics) counter was 1450ish.

That seems pretty high...
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    i had issues with how much i was burning also, everything i read said 600, after i received my HRM it says around 530 give or take depending on what i am doing. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • seachelle
    seachelle Posts: 69 Member
    I would say a HR monitor with a chest strap is a good investment as calories burned will be different for everyone depending on level of fitness and how hard you work during your workout. I have a Polar one that I really like. I purchsed a bodybugg about a year ago and it seems to read about the same as my heart rate monitor did.
This discussion has been closed.