Losing 40lbs by next June?

Options
Does anyone think it is possible (and healthy) to lose 40lbs by next April (My cousin is getting married!), or do you think my goal should just be to drop a dress size, so I am not too disappointed?

I currently weigh 171lbs and my goal weight is 132lbs, and I am a US size 16 but would like to be a size 12/14.

What would be the best thing for me to do to not be too depressed if I don't reach my goal?

Replies

• xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I think that is totally possible!
  • cosmic512
    Options
    As long as you keep striving and net what you should be netting, it is definitely possible!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    If you are really committed then it is totally possible! You just need to put the work in, and don't fall off the wagon if/when you get discouraged. Work steadily and you'll get there!
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Absolutely possible!!:happy:
  • amj3303
    amj3303 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    OH yes it is definately possible to lose 40 lbs in 8 months. Just work hard and eat well and you will be ok. Even if you don't reach 40 lbs it is not a big deal at all. Make sure you take your measurements because the scale is evil.

Eat right and exercise and you will get to where you want to be. Probably before 8 months. Just make sure you eat enough food and don't skip meals. Don't worry about NOT reaching your goals just work on reaching them and stay positive!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I just posted this for someone who wants to lose 20lbs in half the time so this is easy for me to answer lol -

If you have quite a lot to lose then its probably possible but if you don't have much to lose then it will be more difficult.

Its something to aim for and to keep you focused but just don't set your expectations too high and be disappointed if you don't reach your goal by the date you want. This should be a lifestyle change and not a race. The longer it takes you to reach your goal weight the more likely you'll have had the time to learn to eat well and so it should be easier to keep the weight off long term.

Also weight often comes off in chunks and you might not lose every week so don't get discouraged.
  • GwennyH
    GwennyH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Definitely POSSIBLE: Go for it!

I almost did it last year: last August, I started out at 193 lbs and was down to 163 by March! In terms of size, I went from a 16 down to 12 (closer to an 11 if they made such a size: 10's were too tight, but 12's were too loose). I will say I do like the idea of monitoring how my clothes fit much more than what the scale says, because that was the goal for me really: to get smaller/fitter, not necessarily with any certain number attached. Best of luck to you!!!!
  • Lauraplane
    Lauraplane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think it is totally possible! I have lost 33 in 7 months. You can do it!
  • GwennyH
    GwennyH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    One more note: just don't be like me and gain any of it back!!! Stick with it for the long haul, because it seems harder to lose it the 2nd time, now that I goofed off all summer and lost my wind!