Poorly :-(

Options
Argggggggh. Guys give me a boot up the rear today.

I'm absolutely crippled with a bloody head-cold, as is my 7 month old son! All he's done is sleep, I joined him for a while but I've woken up starving! Despite having a big bowl of porridge earlier which hasn't even touched the sides.

I'm probably gonna be over target today - dissapointing but I'm seriously not feeling it right now :-(

Someone mentioned honey & lemon to try and shift this thing - any clues what I actually do with that? xx

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself! Listen to your body. Rest up and get better! You need to be healthy to take care of yourself, so you can take care of that baby!
  • trgobble
    trgobble Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Maybe make tea and put honey and lemon in it? I know I do that when I'm sick. As for the food for the day--you are sick. You need to take care of THAT first and foremost. Now, that's not to say being sick allows you to go eat a Big Mac and large fries, but you do need to eat soup and good fruits and vegetables and juice and all that jazz, so if you go a little over, as long as you are eating things that get rid of colds, I think you'll be ok for this one day. Good luck, and I hope you feel better.
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    There is a homeopathic remedy that I am sure that is on the internet somewhere and very reliable sources say it works like a charm. It involves soaking cotton socks in tepid water and putting them on your feet at bed time. I know it sounds dreadful but I saw it mentioned on a very reputable show and then it was corraberated (sp) by an expert as effective. Let me know if you find the info and if it works! The great thing about colds is that they do not last too long, better days ahead!:drinker:
  • beesus
    Options
    when I have a cold, even things like um, breathing seem beyond difficult. I can't imagine having to care for myself and a kidlet. I think everyone else is right on, and I'd like to add - be good to yourself, sometimes the stress we put on ourselves about sticking to a rigid path can be worse than extra calories.
  • justahorsen
    Options
    When I am stuffed up and can't breathe this is what I do....rub Vicks Vap-O-Rub on the bottom of your feet and put on clean white sox, when you go to bed......don't know how or why it works but it does!!