Daily sugar max blown too soon on fruit etc. - solutions?

Options
Three days in a row now I reach my sugar limit (24 g/day) by midafternoon, and only because I've had berries and yogurt for breakfast, a peach as a snack, etc. Having trouble trying to reconcile eating enough fruit with not maxing out on sugar! Any suggestions?

Replies

• avitalrach
    Options
    I have the same problem, except half my sugar is coming from veggies. I don't want to cut out fruits and veggies, and I'm really not sure what to do. Anyone out there have any ideas??
  • yarneycat
    yarneycat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there - since I just posted the same thing, I'm joining in with your discussion!

You might want to look at the yogurt, some of them have really high sugar content. That could be one area to knock some sugar out. Beyond that, as a fruit-snacker, I'm stumped on what to do with consistently going over on sugars from it!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Solution? Track something else unless you have a medical condition that warrants micromanaging sugar. Manage your macros, do not micromanage your micro-nutrients. Also, MFP's recommendation for sugar = WHO's recommendation for ADDED/REFINED sugar due to the fact that people like to throw down big gulps like water. To my knowledge there is no formal, sanctioned recommendation for total sugar or naturally occuring sugar.
  • lb7771
    lb7771 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There's really nothing you can do about the sugar in your fruit & veg's. It a natural sugar, its more about the refined sugar you are putting in your coffee, tea, drinks etc. I make sure that I get in 3 fruits a day, more if I want to, and I eat a lot of veg. try cutting out the refined sugars & don't give up your fruits and veg, you may find that without them it will stall your weight loss. Good luck....:smile: