LADIES - ADVICE PLEASE???

Options
Hi all,

I don't normally have periods as I'm on the injection - last time I had one was just before I fell pg with my daughter. All of a sudden I've got one!! I actually got caught out at work and had to borrow from a colleague. I know I'm nor pregnant again, so anyone got any ideas if this could have anything to do with my change of lifestyle?

Cheers.

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have thought healthy living should have any effect on your periods, unless you didn't have them for what ever reason before you went on BC. Given that you don't usually have periods I would just check in with the Doctor. Its probably nothing, but unexplained bleeding in that area should always be checked out.

Kx
  • buttercupke
    Options
    I am not sure since you are on the injection but I bet it does. I know when I first started my life change my period went crazy. I talked to some medical professionals and they all said it had to do with me changing the way I eat and exercise.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    If the injection has stopped you bleeding, I would go to your GP and get it checked out. It could be as simple as a cervical erosion but I would defnitely go get it checked xxx
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    Anytime there is a major shift in your body your routine it can affect your cycle, Its pretty common when changing a lifestyle, It will likely level return to normal in a month or two.
  • tessb84
    tessb84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Im with Kate, you should get checked by your dr. :flowerforyou:
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on the shot? I was on it for years and I found that as my body changed, especially in relation to hormones, then it changed the type of relationship the shot had with my body. When I started the shot, it was wonderful. Then, after around 4 years, my body changed naturally because of the age I was and it caused the shot to wreck havoc on my body. So much so that I had to quit it. So, I would say that sometimes your body has a way of self regulating the hormones that are being added by the shot. But, to answer you question, I would say yes, that a change in lifestyle can change your bodies response to hormones. If you are concerned about it I would recommend calling your doctors office. You could probably just ask a nurse and he/she would be able to help you.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies - will ring the Nurse Practitioner today x