I don't have FB- How can I meet "friends"?

Options
Hi...
I don't have Facebook and refuse to get it :-)
How do I meet friends on here?
Thanks!

Replies

• Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    This is the first step; sending out a call far and wide :bigsmile: Feel free to add if you are looking for motivation and support. I do FB but it's totally unrelated to this site :drinker:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No FB here as well... Hang out a bit and you will eventually get friends :)
  • I need friends too!
  • TexanDad1979
    Options
    Feel free to add me, i just joined also
  • smudgekat
    Options
    Same here! Feel free to add me anyone.

:-) :-) :-)
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Just be proactive ... look through the message board and find the threads that hit home to you, read the responses and find like minded people that you would like to be "friends" with and send out a friend request.

Note - I would add a picture (doesn't have to be a picture of YOU, just something) and personalize your profile. When everything is empty it is so impersonal many people will not accept friend requests. It's also good to send a note with you friend request ("I saw your post on _____ and I feel the same way" ... something as simple as that).

Only a couple of my MFP friends are from Facebook ...
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    yeah i dont have a fb anymore too
    i use skype to talk to friends and meet new ones
    but making real friends is a good thing too lol
  • RebeccaSmith839
    RebeccaSmith839 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would be glad to be a friend and help support and be a motivator as well all need it some days!
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yep, fill out your profile at least a little, add either a photo or a picture of any type for an avatar as people often don't respond as much to the gray outline. If you read something you like on the forums, that makes you laugh or think or go "he/she seems cool" just send them a request to add you as a friend w/ a little note about why you would like to be friends. Same thing once you have some friends, if you see someone else's post on your newsfeed that strikes you, invite them to be friends. Easy breezy! Welcome and feel free to friend me!
  • DayDreamr_41
    Options
    I don't have a Facebook either. I thought I was the only person left on Earth who doesn't have one LOL
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    you can friend me and anyone else on here can do the same if you like....