nearly cried in the fitting room

Options

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Last March 12th I was wearing size 44" jeans (just barely). Co-workers were talking about this thing called 'My Fitness Pal' and my ears perked up. That day I started on MFP with the 'dream' of losing 65 pounds and weighing 220. I've now gone beyond those two goals and today I reached another goal; fitting into 34" jeans. I haven't worn 34x34 jeans since I was in my 20's (I just turned 58 this past week). I tried on three different pairs just to make sure it wasn't a fluke and bought all three pair. And yes, I nearly cried when I (comfortably) buttoned that first pair up.

MFP was the tool I needed to change my life. First I learned calorie accountability, nutrition, food choices, how to boost metabolism, and portion control. Then I joined a gym and signed up for several sessions with a personal trainer (money well spent). I remember well some particular words of encouragement he said to me when he had me doing some excercise I didn't like doing; ' You gotta do this if you want to be rock star! '. No, I don't want to be a rock star, but I wanted to reach those goals and those words of his still ring in my ears when I try talk myself out doing whatever hard thing I need to be doing, like getting out of bed early to go walking or to go swim laps.

I've got more goals to go, foremost of which is to maintain the MFP inspired lifestyle and thus keep the weight off. Still got a ways to go on the number of chin-ups I can do and need to go skydiving with my son.

I can only hope that any of you folks just discovering MFP that have any 'can it really help me? doubts reads this as I can assure you that it most certainty can. You just got to be true to it and true to yourself.

806322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

That is a wonderful account of the journey you have travelled thus far! It is quite choking when you finally fit into clothes that were way out of your range when you first started, it is like finding a treasure trove!

I second what you wrore regarding this Site. Personally, I think it is a life-changing application and I tell everybody about it if the subject of weight comes up or they comment on my weight loss.

When you mention being true to yourself, I think it is one of the main obstacles in my opinion, so many people are in denial but if they were just able to be honest with themselves, all the brickwalls that stand in their way would just dissolve.

WTG to you in your weightloss, you have worked so hard and deserve the results.

All the best
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    This is such an inspiring story. Great job! And thanks for sharing!
  • ani3aldo
    Options
    Wow, I imagined something else by the title! Thank you so much for sharing, that was a really great thing to hear!
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    Congratulations on all of your success! Thank you for sharing your story. :-)
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    This story warmed my heart and motivated me tremendously! Thanks so much for sharing the viewpoint of a real person who really did it.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    What an amazing post this is and a testament of how this site is helping us reach goals we never thought we could reach. Congrats!!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I don't know you, but I'm happy for your success! And I hope to maintain a healthy weight throughout the rest of my life after I get this weight off. Great job!!! I'd like to see before and afters. I love seeing those, cuz it's just that more inspiring.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Sarge,

I've been followong your posts for a few months now, and you're always an inspiration. Always upbeat and determined to make your goals. I love that!

I started at 170 and a size 14 (tight), and a few weeks ago I was able to comfortably put on a pair of size 6 jeans! This after a 40 pound loss. And, yes, I DID cry (a little) in the dressing room. The other ladies thought I was nuts, but who cares. Now, I no longer cry anymore when shopping, but I do smile a lot!

Keep up the good work! BTW - After reading your posts, I'm tempted to get myself an old truck tire. That sounds like an awesome workout!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Definately an inspiration I cried
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Your story is certainly inspiring.
    I have always had issues being accountable for myself. This site is giving me something other then myself to be accountable.
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic story!!! It really motivated me. Timely as I am cleaning out my closet of "fat clothes."
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. We all want a version of that story for ouselves and that is why we need to hear that it is happens with time and determination. It seems like progress is so slow until you look back at where you started and how many times you tried before you found something that works.
    I love that you bought all three jeans. What a man thing to do. Enjoy.
    Shel
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! I'm so happy for your success!!
  • haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I nearly cried when I read this :ohwell:
    I am totally inspired by what you have achieved and I hope to someday share the same "dressing room experience".
    I've been a bigger girl all my life and now I finally feel as though that will change.
    And I feel that it is all because of finding MFP. I feel so blessed.
    Thank you for sharing your incredible story!!

Good luck, God bless, and never give up!

-Haleigh:flowerforyou:
  • aatul
    aatul Posts: 23
    Options
    truly amazing :):) CHEERS !
  • tessb84
    tessb84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    very inspiring, thanks for sharing your story. Great job:flowerforyou:
  • NYM1129
    Options
    congratulations, Sarg!!!
  • DMORTIFF
    DMORTIFF Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I remember that feeling when i didn't believe this could be true and tried another couple pairs on just to be sure. I have found that i can hit a platue and stop myself from going any further i have a goal of 150 pounds and its because of people like you and my faith in God that I will meet my goals thank you for all that you do for me!!!!
  • jchapman1957
    jchapman1957 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What a great testimony of the power of this site and community. Thank you for sharing your story, it's a great inspiration to me.
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story!

I did cry before I began MFP because I tried on a pair of my size 18 work pants, and I couldn't button them by about 4 inches. I'd been telling myself I wouldn't go over that size no matter what. Today, 12 weeks later, I tried them on, and they fit!

Stories like yours are what have inspired me to keep going when I lost my motivation. And since I kept the automatic Facebook update on, I have accountability as well.

Thanks again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!