23, need to lose major weight--need friends!

Options
Hello all, my name is Josh. I live in Miami Beach with my partner and need extra encouragement to lose 100 pounds. I used to be very slim and put on a lot of weight over the last few years due to varying circumstances and I finally feel the motivation to get back to my ideal weight.

Gaining so much weight so fast (50 in the last 10 months) has been mental, physical, and emotional torture. I can only fit into my pajamas and exercise clothes, but I refuse to buy clothes for this new body size I have no intention of keeping! I'm making a major turnaround in my life (including areas other than fitness/nutrition) and would really welcome any and all encouragement to aid me in this transformation.

:)

Replies

• CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I have 110lbs to lose and I am on here every day all day! (not quite) Lol
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Glad you have taken the first step to getting your body back. I understand not buying clothes to fit the new bod, I am so there. I have been wearing leggings for months and dresses as none of my jeans fit and I refuse to buy anymore!!!!!

Good luck!!!!
  • ShrinkingKitt
    ShrinkingKitt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Josh! Congrats on taking this step. If you need encouragement, look at the Success Stories posts. Keep logging your food and exercise daily and it helps you see how many calories you're taking in and when you are getting too much of something like carbs or sodium. Good luck! Keep us posted!!
  • beorgegush
    Options
    Thanks all for the support! I think this support group will be nothing short of VITAL to me because my live-in partner eats total junk (lol) and my diet is rather strict.
  • jamesnpatty1999
    jamesnpatty1999 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Josh, I am new as well and wish you the best, it is hard but we can do this!
  • charleyreedto175
    charleyreedto175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Why to Go Josh!!! you can add me. I am here daily and I have to lose 100+. I am down 30 and working at it each day! Good luck....
    :noway:
  • mariemalinowski
    Options
    You have to remember this is the first step ! What you eat today you wear next week ! Remember that you may not see results right away and it takes longer for you to see them on yourself ! Stay focused!
  • mabbzie
    mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love your gung-ho determination :D I'm 23 too, feel free to add for motivation and support! anyone else feel free to add me, too :D
  • smudgekat
    Options
    Im 23 too, gained alot of weight quickly after being slim. Feels great to start changing habbits! Feel free to add me.

:smile:
  • lnprewitt
    Options
    I too am new here! Today is my first day!!! WELCOME :) I have 61 pounds to loose and would love to be yall's buddy and help anyway I possibly can!
  • livelovelaugh91897
    livelovelaugh91897 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hey, you can add me. I need friends to motivate me on this long journey, and the more friends that you have the more fun the journey is. ;)
  • ktjo1985
    ktjo1985 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey Josh! Welcome aboard! Feel free to add me. I need to lose 60lbs (and keep it off), so I'll be on here pretty much every day!

We'll all be losers together :)
  • beorgegush
    Options
    Thanks again to everyone! This is turning out to be a truly wonderful site. :)
  • Geeznie713
    Options
    Hi Josh,

Congrats on taking the first step and for taking control fo your life while you are young. It only gets more difficult as you get older so if you can do it now I say go for it!!! I am really motivated by MFP and all the people I have encountered. Hope the same is true for you and I hope I can send some motivation your way!!! Add me I need friends too :) It really helps to have support. Good luck.
  • beckyhaa
    beckyhaa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are making the first step by deciding you want to do it! And the fact that you haven't bought new clothes proves you know your size is not where you're staying! You can do it!
    I added you, I have been active on here for a few weeks now but could use more motivation and friends!
  • amb0919
    amb0919 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step! I have about 50 to lose myself, and I too am not buying new clothing because I know this is not where I will be staying. Feel free to add me :) Best of luck, you can do it!!
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am 23 also, feel free to add me!
  • Sugarhiccup03
    Sugarhiccup03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step! You can do it! MFP has been a great motivational tool for me as well as helping me keep track of my calories! Best of luck :)!