Deviled Eggs Recipe / Hard Boiled Egg Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Wonder what it would be like to use plain Greek yogurt instead of mayo? I used it in place of mayo and sour cream with pretty good luck.

I think that would be great, especially with some of the milder greek yogurts out now. I am thinking, mix greek yogurt, minced shallot, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika to top, maybe greek o.ive sliver, okay now I'm hungry. If you try it, hope you come back and update.
  • halama626
    Options
    Bump!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Scotch eggs...
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    try greek yogurt or regular guacamole. I get my guac from Wally world in the deli. They have a spicy and the classic. I use the classic in my sandwiched now as well instead of mayo
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Avocado Egg Salad
    2 servings

2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
    1/4 tsp garlic salt
    2 tsps dijon mustard
    1/2 cup red onion, chopped
    4 large hard boiled eggs
    1 avocado

1. Boil and peel eggs. Mash in a bowl.
    2. Scoop out avocado and add to eggs. Add remaining ingredients.
    3. Mash, stir and mix all together.
    4. Note: serve on bread, with your favorite salad, in a wrap or with ham.

Mind = Blown. :love:
    I love avocado with scrambled eggs or on egg sandwiches, i never thought to use it with hard boiled eggs. I'm totally making this!

This sounds really good....will have to try!!!
  • sunnysmile
    Options
    Has anyone tried to make egg salad or deviled egg concept with just egg whites or limited yolks?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I make egg salad that is LOW in calories like this:

2-3 eggs, but use only one of the yolks.

2 wedges of laughing cow cheese,
    (white cheddar flaovor is good, so is chipotle, so is blue cheese flavor. Plain swiss flavor if you want to season it youself.)

smash it all up together and put it on a sandwich thin.....really tasty egg salad for only around 300 calories total.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    swap out the yolk for hummus!

Exactly what I was thinking except substitute the mayo for hummus.
  • heymom93
    heymom93 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The avocado egg salad is my all time favorite! Just sayin ;)
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    often times when I make deviled eggs I will substitute low fat cottage cheese that I mash up finely. then add my other ingredients just the same. Gives it a little texture.
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yogurt is a great mayo replacement, I do that often. Another alternative is low-fat cream cheese or Laughing Cow cheese; total creamy decadence!
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds odd but I mix the egg yolks with ice water until it is light and fluffy. Then I fill the egg white shell and sprinkle with hungarian paprika. I have also added a bit of seasonings to the egg yolk mixture.
  • HouseWolf1960
    Options
    bump
  • FitnessBeverlyHills
    Options
    I didnt have time to go through all the replies, so I apologize if someone already added this tip, but I add blended chickpeas to all my devil eggs and plain greek yogurt sounds like a great suggestion I will try that next. I also love to top mine off with chopped dill pickles.
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Love hard boiled eggs ;)
  • sunnysmile
    Options
    So many interesting ideas ... adding water to egg white to fluff it, who knew? And chickpeas and/or hummus to it, wow. And Laughing Cow cheese ... brilliant. I'm going to have to start boiling some eggs today. I think also some minced shallot would add some good flavor too. Getting hungry thinking about it. Avocado also sounds wonderful, it would become the healthy fat in the dish.