Insanity cal. calculation vs TDEE calc. Needcalorie advice

Options
So Im about to start insanity, I've been using TDEE -20% but have plateaud for 3.5 months!
granted, I was usually going over by 100-200 cals a day which still gave me results prior to the platueau.

well I was reading the insanity nutrition giude, and according to that calculation, I can eat 2200+ cals to lose weight?? serious??? with TDEE I was at about 1740, which insanity calculates as just my maintenance weight with NO exercise.

so i guess what Im asking is, insanity users, do you follow the calculations?

briefly, here's my breakdown:

34yrs old
145lbs
5'4"

exercise 4-6 days a week (each workout 250-400 cals burned)
walk about 45 min oer day at a fast pace (5km average)
will ad a 5km run back in weekly once my knee heals

heres the insanity calculation...
http://www.scribd.com/doc/18583476/Insanity-Nutrition-Guide

any help with my caloric intake to BREAK THIS DAMN plateau is appreciated!!!

My Diary is open. I log everything. and I have been to alot of weddings/its summer...Im living life and there will be some not great choices in there. haha.

Replies

• Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I worked out your numbers and according to the Insanity guidelines, your TDEE is right around 2211 (that is not if you want to lose weight). You'd want to subtract 500 calories from that if you're trying to lose weight which would put you at 1711. So it seems like you're right where you should be.

I might try changing your activity level, which would change your TDEE to 1961, putting your calorie goal for weight loss around 1461. They recommend a "moderately active" activity level for those who do Insanity which is extremely intense, so I might bump it down to lightly active.

Hope this helps :)
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I lost the majority of my weight from Insanity. I just followed the recommendation on calories from MFP using the custom goals, but adjusted my macros to follow the 40/40/20 guidelines for protein, carbs and fats.
  • beachlover75
    beachlover75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump