How have your eating hbits changed?

Options
Hello everyone!

I was wonderful what changes you have made to your eating habits (small or large - all are significant). Do you eat with your non-dominant hand? Finish swallowing everything before taking another bite? Not eat past a certain time? Started eating breakfast?

Share!

Replies

• skinnytayy
    Options
    I try to eat at least 200-300 calories for breakfast but it doesn't always happen. My biggest change has been eating cleanly. I avoid processed foods as much as possible. I avoid high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, and any chemicals I cannot pronounce like the plague. :)
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    SMALLER portions- thats my biggest, I don't eat off a HUGE plate anymore i eat off a "salad" plate, I've added salmon to my diet and LOVE It now. I not only read lables now, but actually understand more than the calories. MAJOR water increase!!
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    :smile: I have started eating breakfast and snacks in between meals. It has made a huge difference in how I feel and not to mention, I am not as hungry in the evening anymore. I still have some challenges ahead of me, but it these little steps that will help me to defeat them.
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am more focused on my food now. I have to plan my meals more so that I am within my calorie limits. The big thing I changed is when I go out to eat I make healthy choices and always ask that my meals are prepared without butter.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I changed the way I cook many of my foods. Instead of using butters and oils, I cook many of my foods on a non-stick surface. I have also found healthy changes to my favorite recipies (beans instead of meats, whole grain rice instead of minute rice).
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    I had to quit frying things to make them delicious.

I switched to lite beer.

I use Pam instead of cooking oil most of the time.
  • kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I elminated chocolate for now because I can't just have one piece...I am sleeping better because of this change which is a real benefit.
    I also don't cook with red meat right now. I have been using ground turkey, chicken or fish and I feel a lot better. I still eat red meat if we go out but I just don't cook with it every night.

I have also tried to incoporate a lot more fruits and veggies in every meal.

It has worked for me since May 28, 2010 I have lost 29 lbs.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Planning out all meals at the beginning of the day. It's helped me space my calories out throughout the day instead of just gorging at the end of the night in order to get as close to my goals as I can.
  • kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I also drink a ton of water.....
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Smaller portions, less snacking just for the sake of snacking, emotional eating has been all but banished for good. I find it much easier to talk my feelings over with my fiance rather than shoving my face full of food to numb the distasteful feelings. I'm much more conscious of what I eat and WHY I'm eating it.
  • MPH2
    MPH2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I try to eat at least 200-300 calories for breakfast but it doesn't always happen. My biggest change has been eating cleanly. I avoid processed foods as much as possible. I avoid high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, and any chemicals I cannot pronounce like the plague. :)

+1 +1
    I am trying to eat more plants, and less meat. When looking at a menu first look for the vegetarian option, then the most healthy options, before sanning the menu for what "sounds good".
  • xquiz8
    xquiz8 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking tons more water than before, and have started eating breakfast every day. I've also started forcing myself to put my fork down between bites, and to really savour what I'm eating, rather than just shoveling it in.

Next step: More vegetables and fruit.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I stop when I have finished my plate. I was out for turkey dinner last night. Everything was cooked perfect. Half my plate was salad and the other had 3 smaller slices of turkey w cranberry and a 1/4 cup of mashed yams.
    I ate slow because I wanted to enjoy. And when finished I could have eaten that plate again to get 'stuffed'.
    But I wasn't hungry, and I was looking forward to toasted pears for dessert.
    With a glass of wine and dessert, I was still under my calories.
    THat is new for me.
  • ssanchez41010
    ssanchez41010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Smaller portions, basically just as long as I stay under 1200 calories, although not freaking out if I go over a little bit. Then not eating pass 7pm has helped a lot to. If I have to get fast food then I always order the kids meal...and I exercise at least 3 times a week for one hour, even if that means 30min on the elliptical and 30min in the weight room. Well good luck on your journey!!! Hope all has helped!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Smaller portions, basically just as long as I stay under 1200 calories, although not freaking out if I go over a little bit. Then not eating pass 7pm has helped a lot to. If I have to get fast food then I always order the kids meal...and I exercise at least 3 times a week for one hour, even if that means 30min on the elliptical and 30min in the weight room. Well good luck on your journey!!! Hope all has helped!
    If you're eating UNDER 1200 calories you're really doing yourself an injustice. Your body NEEDS a minimum of 1200 calories a day to keep your body from going into starvation mode. I'm pretty close the the 1200 calorie mark myself but it's important to maintain that minimum amount of calories.
  • specialmiek
    Options
    How are you liking insanity is it hard to keep up with?
  • groovybeenz
    groovybeenz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've tried to buy less ready to eat food so I can't just grab and scarf. I've been trying to eat breakfast and drink more water. Also, to try to keep myself from eating too quickly I try to count how many times I chew my food. It helps me slow down alot because before I would eat my food really fast. I don't know why. Not in a hurry just tried to eat as much as I could as fast as I can.
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    I just started, but i've already found a huge change in my eating habits! I plan out my meals now and have stopped snacking between meals. I've also started putting my meals on smaller plates and bowls so it looks like i have more than I do and I eat slower.
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I am not nearly as hungry. Before, I would have eaten double what I am now at most meals. Also, when we do have "treats" in our house they last a very long time. We are saving some serious money on a lot of these things to. Our friday movie night has changed from 2 large pizzas (leftovers for lunches during the week) to one medium with the left overs tossed out. I also think a lot about food now. I make the conscience choice to eat something instead of just grabbing whatever looks good. I find that I am enjoying it much more, which I wouldnt have thought possible because I have always been a bit of a "foody".
  • Kristina954
    Options
    Im making healthier choices, drinking ONLY water, chewing throughly, and eating a little slower at a table, no more eating in front of the TV.