What are your GOALS & REWARDS?

Options
I am definitely a goal-oriented person. If I set goals for myself, “rewards” if you will, then maybe I will stick with this long enough to reach those.
My height: 5 ft 1 inch
My weight now: 157
My NEXT goal weight: 147
My NEXT goal weight: 137
My ULTIMATE goal weight: 130 - 125

Rewards: I hope to reach my first goal of 147 by my high school reunion, on September 7th (less than 4 weeks away). On 8/31 I plan to get my hair cut and colored already as it will need it. I will also plan to go get a manicure & pedicure, as a reward to myself.
Each time I hit another 10 lb weight-loss milestone, I will do something as a reward, non-food related. This could be going out to a movie, or going rock climbing, etc. Something fun, out of the house.

My big ULTIMATE goal reward for myself is to get a new tattoo after I reach 130 or 125. I have been wanting to get another tattoo that is like a timeline of the important events in my life, on my back, over my ribs. I would like to do it around my birthday, in late October. I think that is a good timeline to shoot for to lose the next 27 lbs losing weight. Today is August 13 - 10/27 (birthday) = 11 weeks
If I lose 2 - 3 lbs per week I will meet my goal, or close to it.

What are your goals, and what are your rewards?

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I like your idea! I, too, want a tattoo once I get to my goal weight :) It's going to be a phoenix because I feel it's symbolic of my weight loss journey and discovering myself through it.

I started at 170lbs on June 29th after I had my second son.
    I'm 5'5'' and
    My current weight: 154lbs
    My ultimate goal is 126lbs

I like your gradual goals, so that it doesnt seem so far away. :) I guess I will be happy once I see 140, as that will be the smallest I've been since 07'.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi, I love setting goals and rewarding myself for reaching them!!
    Im 5ft 4inches
    I started at 170 and as of my weigh-in this past Saturday I am down to 150, YAY!!
    When I reach 140 I plan on getting my hair cut & high/low lights.
    My ultimate goal weight is 120-125. Once I reach this I plan on getting my boobs done again. :happy: :drinker:

I would love to meet my ultimate goal weight by the end of November or begining of December. That way I can buy some pretty/sexy dresses for Holiday partys!!
  • Erithil
    Erithil Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I have small rewards set for each 5lb loss (: they include buying some body-measuring tape, wearing a pretty blouse someone gave me that ended up too small, buying new tennis-shoes, new running-shorts,, stuff like that. Maybe even a pair of roller-blades :D
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My goal for getting out of the 200's and continuing to lose weight was a hair cut (waited till 190lbs).

My next goal is getting to 175lbs and my reward will be a Halloween costume (custom tailored to my measurements at the time). I'm about 2lbs away and have about a month till I have to order it (so that it will be on time for halloween).

I'm hoping to hit 150lbs before Christmas. If I manage to get there before Christmas, I'll be buying a dress to wear on Christmas day. If I happen to not get there by Christmas, than when I do get there I'm going to get my hair dyed.

At 135lbs I'm going to buy a bikini.

And if I can get to my ultimate goal of 20% BF (whatever weight that puts me at) by next summer, I'd like to try doing Tough Mudder.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Everyone has great goals! For me personally, I reward myself (and plan to reward myself) at every ten pounds with some type of fitness equipment/aid. Like resistance bands and balance boards. For every subsequent 10 lbs the reward gets "better". With my two biggest goal rewards when I get to 199 and then again at GW of 178ish. Those two things are laser hair removal and flying a plane. My plan after maintaining my GW will be doing a Spartan Race. :D I think it's important to keep motivated, for me at least, it will help me stay out of a complacent mindset in regards to fitness.
  • gevaisa
    gevaisa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Height: 5' 6"
    SW: 175
    CW: 166
    GW: 130

and my goals:

lose 5 pounds: a cute dress
    lose 10 pounds: pair of shoes
    lose 20 pounds: new piercing
    lose 27 pounds: new glasses
    lose 35 pounds: new clothes
    lose 45 pounds: get tattoo

i'm hooooooping to get down to 150-155 by new years! and my ultimate goal by next year i guess? i really don't have a specific endpoint in mind, just a general lifestyle change and a new (rockin') body that comes with it
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I didn't really set goals, I did decide to let my beard grow until I hit 40 pounds, I'm about 6 pounds from that, but I think I'll keep the beard. Maybe if I hit 205 by Christmas I'll buy myself a new shotgun. Other than that, my reward will be my health, and hopefully avoiding a heart attack in my next decade.

Rigger
  • filicia1025
    filicia1025 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I started with 170lbs. It's been my 3rd week of healthy diet and doing cardio exercises like jogging and biking. I am also doing the squat challenge and I'm now on my 7th day. I was disappointed the other day because I only lost 1lb after 3 weeks. I feel lighter though so I'm sticking with my new lifestyle. My goal is 130..and I'm planning to go on vacation when I reached the weight.

I plan of buying a new pair of jeans for every 10lbs lost. ;)

good luck everyone!
  • tilmoph
    tilmoph Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Height: 6'
    SW: 300
    CW: 221
    GW: 160

Completed goals:
    Stop knocking things off of tables with my gut: That one was within 10 lbs of starting.
    Get back to 280 (my adult average): rewarded by upping daily calories by 200
    Drop out of severe obesity (hit 255): was going to up calories another 300, decided to hold off until no longer obese.

Current goals:
    Drop out of obesity (hit 220): within one pound of this one. In addition to daily calorie increase of 300, allow a once per month fast food meal (definitely going to be a Whopper meal, large, with cheese for the first one), but no pizza.
    Get below 200: Up calorie limit another 250; every other month, fast food meal can be a pizza.
    Drop out of overweight (hit 183): up calories to maintenance minus 500
    Hit goal weight: Calories at maintenance.

Admittedly, most of my rewards are less "prizes" and more "logical progression from weight loss diet to weight control manner of eating" but rewards is easier to say.
  • Erithil
    Erithil Posts: 52
    Options
    And if I can get to my ultimate goal of 20% BF (whatever weight that puts me at) by next summer, I'd like to try doing Tough Mudder.

@Shadow2soul

Ahh you made me look up what "Tough Mudder" was and now I soooooo want to do that! It looks like epic fun!! :D At first I was thinking "eh, if I reach my fitness goal I guess I'll run a marathon or something" but four-plus hours of just jogging sounds really boring. But now I have Tough Mudder to hope for instead! :D Thanks so much :bigsmile:
  • kelooki
    kelooki Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm so bad with rewards...I'll set a goal and reward but by the time I get to the goal, I don't want the reward - even if it's just a few days. So rewards never work out for me :(
  • thepackersfan2010
    Options
    I'm hoping to drop quite a bit of weight. 135 is aiming pretty high, considering I'd be happy to be at 150.
    Honestly though, I'd really just like to get into a good routine where I don't have to fight with myself to go to the gym. My short term goal for the rest of this year is to just make it to the gym 4-5 times a week. If I can manage that, I'm rewarding myself with these red cowboy boots I've had my eye on for years! They'll go perfectly with the cute skinny(okay, not skinny, but not fat) clothes I have that I can't fit in anymore.
  • ShrinkingKitt
    ShrinkingKitt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I haven't even weighed myself in weeks, because I haven't been doing that great - at least that's how I feel. I haven't completely fell off the wagon, but I haven't been as disciplined as I should have been. BUT, today, I had my first non-family comment about weight loss. My mom complimented me on losing some pounds a week ago, which is sweet. Somehow though, it's the strangers who say something that get me. My co-worker said, in the lunch room no less, "You've lost some weight, haven't you?" I couldn't help but break the biggest smile and just said "thank you, I'm trying." She went on to say that she hasn't been doing so great, not eating well...so maybe now I can be motivation to her! :-) Just had to share that!