NSV - stronger than the boys!

Options
Megabot
Megabot Posts: 173 Member
So I've been getting a bit trimmer, but maintaining the same weight. It's progress, but is still a bit frustrating to not see the weight budge.

But ! Small victory: Today my trainer at the gym said I look a little trimmer and that I'm stronger than a bunch of his male clients! And then I bench pressed 95 pounds 10 times, for my 3rd set. (We sort of did it to see if I could get 10 reps in) Yay!

Replies

• mimi337
    mimi337 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Small victories add up to big victories sooner or later! Congrats on having a good session and getting strong. We need more strong women in this world!
  • igor11
    igor11 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!
  • DLH070911
    DLH070911 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats!!
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Congrats - that's fab - I too would like to be really strong. I'd love to shock some blokes in the Gym by strolling up and knocking out 10 pull ups, 10 one arm push ups and 10 single leg lunges on each leg whilst holding 20KG dumbells.

All with perfect form and barely a bead of sweat on my brow!

I don't want you to think I'm awful butch feminist. l do love men and am not trying to prove anything politically - just grew up with two older brothers who were always happy to prove how myuch stronger they were than their little sister - I'd love to turn the tables on them! lol :smile:

It's going to take a while to get there - but I'm gonna keep reaching.....
  • Megabot
    Options
    thanks all!! :)

@Guinivere - you'll get there! I couldn't do more than one or two real push-ups when I started, which is ridiculous because I always was a strong kid. Now I can do push-ups with a clap! *YEA!* in between. It's such a good feeling to be like "hell yes, I'm badass!!" You can totally do it! Reach!
  • toholio
    toholio Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have started lifting and she is often only 5-10kg below me. Great motivation for both of us to keep going heavier!

Keep up the good work!
  • Megabot
    Options
    Thanks!! You two, too!
  • Luciewithienoty
    Luciewithienoty Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good work!
    I love it when I get off the leg press & the guy that gets on after me has to lower the weight!! :D
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    So I've been getting a bit trimmer, but maintaining the same weight. It's progress, but is still a bit frustrating to not see the weight budge.

But ! Small victory: Today my trainer at the gym said I look a little trimmer and that I'm stronger than a bunch of his male clients! And then I bench pressed 95 pounds 10 times, for my 3rd set. (We sort of did it to see if I could get 10 reps in) Yay!

I feel your pain! I have been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for 8 months now. My first trainer was really good about telling me when he saw changes in my body. Gotta love it when a hot 25 year old guy randomly tells you (at 38yo) that he can really see the muscles in your shoulders getting defined. Or tells you that you HAVE to go to put on a swimsuit and show off your new bod at the beach over the summer :blushing:

that trainer moved away, but recently moved back to the area. He's supposed to visit me soon, and I can't wait to see what he thinks of the progress I have made while he was gone!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What an awesome feeling!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!