Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Indoor Bouldering

b0t23
b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
Seriously. If you are looking for an exercise that is fun, challenging, strength building, cardio pumping, with an aspect of it being a puzzle... try indoor bouldering or rock climbing. I'm sure there is one in your area, maybe?

Check this google images link for some examples

http://goo.gl/MWzVe

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    I've been to my local one twice now and still have one more trip left on the groupon. I plan to get a pass for more trips because it's a lot of fun.
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    it is a such a great work out and the easier of the routes are totally doable for almost any fitness level, kind of like climbing a ladder or something. I bike, do yoga, do some running and stuff, but this is the funnest thing I have done in years.
  • Have you found a way to track bouldering in any health tracking apps? I use RunKeeper and MFP but can't find a way to track in either of them.

I started bouldering a year ago and it's still great fun. There's always new challenges and every time I go I can do a little bit more, looking back I've achieved a lot in a year. The people at the walls I go to are always friendly and helpful as well.
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    I have been looking into doing this for a couple of weeks now, I just need to find the time for my induction. Looks great fun, that is for sure, just hope when I go that it isn't too busy
  • Have you found a way to track bouldering in any health tracking apps? I use RunKeeper and MFP but can't find a way to track in either of them.

I climbed for many years inc Alpine, Ice, Indoor, Outdoor and a little bouldering...
    I only recently started estimating my calorie burn when climbing (which is rare these days) but I use the 'Cardio Trainer' application however I would be careful as these tend to 'over estimate' the burn...If you're at the bouldering wall for 3 hours you have to really carefully access how long in that 3 hours your actually moving for..a time consuming part of working the problems is reading the route and watching how others move...so you could lose a hour resting, watching and learning :)
    MFP does have 'climbing' in the database but again I do feel it's very generous...
    Hope that helps!