New starter

Options
Hey peeps

New to this, but thought I'd give it a go, I'm exercising 3 times a weeks however I have severe arthritis so I can't really go hard at it in the gym :( I've finally come to terms with the fact that I need to get this weight off because its just making my illness worse :( anyone have any good tips?

Cheers
G
X

Replies

• Zombie_Sam85
    Zombie_Sam85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :).

I'm new as well, I have a friend who has really bad back problems and she swims a lot. It helps with her cardio and it's a lot easier on her back than pounding away at the gym :)
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Exercise regularly not seriously! I go for low impact every day rather than intense every now and then.
    Count everything even when you go over.
    Measure everything.
    It's a marathon not a sprint, you're in it for the long haul. Take it slow and steady.
    Eat back your exercise.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I started shortly after having my youngest. The only exercise I got for the first 6 months was walking.
    Honestly, the biggest thing for me was learning to eat healthier.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Routine cardio, eat right.. stay active ..:bigsmile: :wink:
  • gloriaallen36
    gloriaallen36 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :drinker:
  • gigi1981
    Options
    Aww thanks everyone, hoping this time I can do it :) xx
  • LemonLizard
    LemonLizard Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm new too - and I highly recommend swimming or using the elliptical, since they're relatively easy on the joints.

Tried running on the treadmill today and I had to give it up after just two minutes. My left knee couldn't handle it.