50 Reasons You Might be a Bro Lifter

Options
2»

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    5. …You wear DJ-style headphones while you train.

They've got my number. Though why that would make me a bro, I have no idea. Something about the shape of my ears makes ear buds unbelievably uncomfortable.

39. …You do lat pull-downs instead of pull-ups or chin-ups.

I do lat pull downs, but simply because I can't do a full good form pull up - once I can do full pull ups, I will. I do chin ups (max of five reps per set at the moment).
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I love #4...there's a guy at the gym that is totally #4.

It was cold out that morning haha
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    23. …You talk to yourself in a conceited manner during your sets—“Yea, squeeze it, c’mon, one more rep.”

killing myself laughing!!!!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Funny, although not all are entirely true (hence the "might be" I guess.)

My lifting partner wears sweatpants because he has a naturally tiny frame and is ashamed of his tiny ankles. He squats 500lbs, but thinks his legs are too skinny.

I do lat pulldowns only because I can't do pull ups yet. (more than 2-3).

I do assisted pull ups with my toe on an incline bench when I couldn't do pull ups, just a suggestion.

I am 17 and 50. Yeah, buddy!
  • joe2626
    joe2626 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Originally saw this and thought, "uh-oh, let's see how much of a bro lifter I am".

I was doing so well, not conforming to any of them until "43. …You use a neck pad on the bar during squats" & "47. …You carry pre-packed Tupperware full of chicken breast and rice everywhere you go".

Damn.