Late 30's male. Looking to lose 15-20lb.

Options
aafff5
aafff5 Posts: 14 Member
Introducing me.
Late 30's married dad.
Looking to lose 15-20lb.
Working and 2 hour commute each day.
Not setting exercise time, and having difficulty getting any exercise done - and lazy.....
Eating healthy main meals.
Snacking too much on potato crisps and chocolate while commuting and in evenings.
Not exercising enough is biggest issue, and not knowing where to start.
Bed time is probably my best time to exercise - least distractions.

Would like tips from others who have got their spark back.
Or anyone who has good exercise tips, or tips on snacking.

Replies

• Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Start small and make small changes. Trying too much too fast usually ends in failure. As for exercise, start with walking and bodyweight exercises. Gyms are expensive (but I love going) and I've moved on to running and biking.

Also learn to accept failure! People have a bad day or week and quit.

Feel free to add along with any other guys (or girls)
  • thebiggirl1997
    Options
    hi im Rebecca I lost 100kg so u need any advice come to me :)
  • rtsmith1976
    rtsmith1976 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey I feel your pain, I do 15hr shifts days and nights. Its a slow start but you will get there with support and a steady frame of mind. This is a great place for likeminded people.
  • Nottoway1
    Options
    All the above! Working 12 hrs. rotating shift, sitting/looking at 4 computers, I gained 100lbs. I'm down 41 as of last week, working on the next 47, 10 lbs at a time. I changed the way I eat, a little at a time. Started working out by walking, and pushups. Today, was my first workout in a gym in 20 years..... Slow, strong, steps , you've got this!!!!!!
  • aafff5
    aafff5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks.
    Bit of a journey ahead of me, but adding exercise i can do at home and trying to combat snacking on the wrong foods will be my biggest things to conquer.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Introducing me.
    Late 30's married dad.
    Looking to lose 15-20lb.
    Working and 2 hour commute each day.
    Not setting exercise time, and having difficulty getting any exercise done - and lazy.....
    Eating healthy main meals.
    Snacking too much on potato crisps and chocolate while commuting and in evenings.
    Not exercising enough is biggest issue, and not knowing where to start.
    Bed time is probably my best time to exercise - least distractions.

Would like tips from others who have got their spark back.
    Or anyone who has good exercise tips, or tips on snacking.

My doctor told me that losing weight was not a priority for me. After my ears stopped ringing, I had to agree with him. Now, everything I do feeds my priorities to lose weight and be fit.