whats the most you run a week?

Options
I'm training for Salford 10k on the 8th Sept and Newcastle half marathon on the 15th, I run 10k (outside, cant stand treadmill) 5days a week,

People keep saying this is too much? what do you other runners do?

Replies

• workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Mine varies. On speed work days I run 5-10k(1 day a week), Tempo runs are usually 4-5 miles(2 days a week). My distance days are almost a half @ 12.7 miles(1 day a week). I usually run 4 days a week...less if I have a race scheduled the following weekend, more if I just wanna run. I enjoy running and while it is not my only fitness program it is my primary one.:drinker:
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    For simple exercise I got into a routine of 2-3 runs per week in the 10 - 15k range each.

This summer however, I took a leap and signed up for my first marathon in Sept. To get there I also signed up with a training clinic organized by the local Running Room store. The distances per week are intense! Last week's 5 day schedule included: 10k fartlek run + 13k worth of hills + 10k steady (slowish) pace + 12k tempo (race pace) + 32k long slow run (10 min run - 1 min walk - repeat) = 77K!!

We are going into week 11 of a 16 week program. There are two more high volume weeks before we begin to taper.

Although the training has been great and I can feel the improvement. I would/could not maintain this amount of running as a regular week to week training without the goal of the race at some point. Once the race is done, I will likely get back to my 2 -3 day @ 10 - 15k routine.
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    For simple exercise I got into a routine of 2-3 runs per week in the 10 - 15k range each.

This summer however, I took a leap and signed up for my first marathon in Sept. To get there I also signed up with a training clinic organized by the local Running Room store. The distances per week are intense! Last week's 5 day schedule included: 10k fartlek run + 13k worth of hills + 10k steady (slowish) pace + 12k tempo (race pace) + 32k long slow run (10 min run - 1 min walk - repeat) = 77K!!

We are going into week 11 of a 16 week program. There are two more high volume weeks before we begin to taper.

Although the training has been great and I can feel the improvement. I would/could not maintain this amount of running as a regular week to week training without the goal of the race at some point. Once the race is done, I will likely get back to my 2 -3 day @ 10 - 15k routine.

That's amazing!

Its great when you can feel yourself improve- speed wise, the amount of stops you do, the distance.....
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    If you have ramped up properly and aren't having any problem, that is certainly not too much. Good luck on your races

Depending on what time of year & if I have any races I'm training for, I will run anywhere from 10-50 miles a week. I generally run more in the fall/winter than summer because the heat is bad and I'm busier.
  • jackieh5077
    Options
    I currently run 4-6 days a week, but I also do other sports such as pole fitness, rugby and gym. On days where I dont have any other work out's planned, I run 10k+, but on days where I have other sports, I may only run 5-10k.

I've just signed up for a half-marathon on the 13th October though, so need to increase those distances.
  • smerkord
    smerkord Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    There are varying opinions on this. David Goggins runs like 15 miles a day and it seems to be working for him. Everyone is different. Listen to your body.
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Options
    yeah, my pace and stamina are great at 10k, just the 13miler is going to be the ultimate challenge x
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    I usually run 5 to 6 miles 4 to 5 times a week. I stay in shape and it's a great stress reliever.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I run 4 or 5 days a week and usually between 25 and 40 miles depending whether I'm training for a race or not.
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Options
    good to hear people are v similar then! x x x