Who's 5'2 and 30+- lbs to lose?

Options

Replies

• christinamct
    christinamct Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'1" and have 35 pounds to lose. Im just starting out again after having baby #3 three weeks ago. I'll mostly be watching my food intake---making sure I get enough calories to sustain breastfeeding/weight loss and making sure I'm making healthy food choices. I've been eating mostly convenient junk for the last three weeks and need to stop. I'm doing light exercise for now, but will be able to get more active in a few weeks when I'm okay'd for more vigorous exercise.
  • scrapmum4
    scrapmum4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im 5'2 and got more than 30 pounds to lose. Ive only just started to get serious about losing.

Ive been looking at community for awhile but was always a bit shy to say anything. Think I need to get out of my comfort zone :happy:
  • pinalety
    pinalety Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1.5" and I have 40 pounds to lose. I have lost 20+ lbs so far. Its been a process that MFP has definitely helped me stay on track with. I falter, but inevitably feel the pull to succeed, log and get focused again.
    Feel free to add me as an MFP friend.

Letty
    Chama, NM
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    So much responses!! I think this is great girls, I added i think all of you... If I missed to add someone feel free to send me a friend request and I will accept it!

Hopefully all of you found new friends in the topic :)
  • Andrea419
    Andrea419 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and would like to lose 25 pounds. It's great to see so many with similar goals, hopefully we can offer support to each other.
  • Glorian13
    Glorian13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me, I have to lose 30-35 lbs. I'm 5'2" and shrinking lol. Add me if you want! I lost 9 lbs in 5 weeks.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Also 5'2" - trying not to think about how many pounds I have left to go (I don't want to get overwhelmed so I break it into smaller goals), but it's more than 30. I'm down 37.5 pounds since the first of the year - anyone feel free to friend request me!
  • diddles19
    diddles19 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5' 2" with about 50-60 lbs to lose. Trying to break it down to small goals, the first being my holiday at the end of August, I would like to lose 15 lb by then.
  • Mhhenderson
    Mhhenderson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and have about 35 pounds to go. I'd love the support and encouragement. I'm struggling to find a happy place with exercise and eating. What do you all think about (or how do you handle) eating exercise calories? I've been exercising 5-6 days a week and the scale hasn't budged in 2 weeks (I've lost some inches). I've been trying to eat so that my net calories are close (usually under) the goal MFP has set for me. How do you handle it? I need some words of wisdom.
  • Andimadx
    Andimadx Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    I'm 5'2 with 150lbs to lose! It's going to be a long journey!
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and have about 35 pounds to go. I'd love the support and encouragement. I'm struggling to find a happy place with exercise and eating. What do you all think about (or how do you handle) eating exercise calories? I've been exercising 5-6 days a week and the scale hasn't budged in 2 weeks (I've lost some inches). I've been trying to eat so that my net calories are close (usually under) the goal MFP has set for me. How do you handle it? I need some words of wisdom.

When the scale stops moving you have to stop and think why....
    are you measuring the things you eat? we usually under estimate when we do not measure...
    Are you actually burning the calories you think you are? do you use a HRM? gym machines and MFP usually over estimates calories..

do you take rests days when you work out? if you weigh right after a day of hard exercise your body retains water

and also most important, sometimes the scale just doesn't move because you are losing fat but replacing it with muscles, so the scale stays the same but you lose inches!
  • rAc_hEl
    rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Add me anyone :) im 5'2 and have 41 left to lose :)
  • Kimmyalex
    Kimmyalex Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yeah and me!! x x x feel free to add. Ill add you! ????
  • TheNewAdventuresofDanni
    Options
    Me! I have lost 32 pounds, I have about 80-90 pounds left to go to get to my healthy weight. I will literally shrink to half my size:)

41614714.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • francescainwonderland
    francescainwonderland Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Me! Around 40lbs to lose. :)
  • stlinares
    stlinares Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link to this thread, Camila! I've been gone too long. I got on the scale today. I knew I had gained because my clothes are so gd tight but there is something about seeing that increased number on a scale when you weigh yourself after some time. haha!

Good luck to all on your weight loss goals.
  • beenbad43
    beenbad43 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    five foot two, eyes of blue ( hey wait that is a song) I have about forty to lose, I have lost seventeen and am stuck, but I am just going to keep doing the exercise and watching what I eat and I know that will change...
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2 and I have lost 28 lbs and about 14 lbs to go to reevaluate.. feel free to add me! :)
  • nikkilouise0803
    nikkilouise0803 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2
    Lost 31.2lb since Jan 1st
    Got a long way to go!
  • laurenschultz96
    laurenschultz96 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'2, right now my goal is around 20 pounds, but not sure if I wil be stopping there:) Feel free to add me!