Lost a ton of weight, gained a lot back, time for round 2

Options
Hi, I joined up with mfp a long time ago when I first started down this road to a smaller me but never really used the site much. my highest weight was 534 and I got all the way down to 300 pounds, awesome right?! BUT and there is always a but.. I had some personal tragedies (not makin' excuses but its why I "fell off the wagon" if you will) and gained about 100 pounds back from my low of 300, its time to take it back off because me and being this big just don't go well together so here I am.

Saw the community section and decided I would say hello and all that good stuff because I know how much support helps, I blogged about it the first go around and this time I figure starting off with a hello here would be a good start.

I'm a 40 year old dad to 3 kids and husband to an awesome supportive wife just looking to drop the weight again and get that healthy way of living back on the forefront.

As Ever
Me

Replies

• Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! 134lbs in round one is an amazing result. Just gotta work on the stamina piece so you can see this through! I'm interested to know what you did to lose weight the first time and how long it took you. Maybe thinking back will give you and us insight on how to make this a life long journey towards health.

May you have the commitment to work hard and achieve your goals!
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You've done it once so you know it works and you know you can do it. Happy losing!
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi! That is still AMAZING how much weight you've lost! And you're still less than what you were before! It's very admirable that you are wanting to continue to lose more.

All the best! If you're looking for support at all, feel free to friend me!
  • bjlcolwell
    Options
    Hi Zeus and all,

Congratulations on your initial weight loss... that's pretty amazing...

I just started MFP last Friday. The challenge I'm finding here immediately is that I don't own a scale. I hear you're not supposed to weigh yourself every day anyway...

I figured if I started this on my three-week break then it would be old hat when life gets busier.

Good luck to you!
  • amb0919
    amb0919 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    First off, CONGRATS on losing that much the first time around! We all hit bumps in the road, I did about a year and a half ago, but wanting to get back into it and get the weight back off is a huge step! I didn't use MFP the last time around, but even only joining a few days ago, I have seen how much support there is here. Best of luck, you can achieve anything if you put your mind to it! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck to you! You and anyone else can feel free to add me. I'm here everyday!
  • Zeusmeatball
    Options
    Wow thanks for all of the replies guys! anyone can feel free to add me if you like as having more support is never a bad thing :)
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as failure, unless you quit.