Trying this again

Hi all, my name is Amy and ive tried this before. I have never been dedicated to eating right and excersing. I have always made excuses as to why I cant stick with it. My kids are now 20,18, and 15. So there are no excuses left. Its all up to me. I always do pretty well with eating right, but I am so scared of starting to really excersise. I am already so tired and hurt all the time. But i also know in my mind i will feel better if i just get up and do it! My oldest son just graduated from basic training and I promised him that i would be down 60 lbs by the time he comes home in December! My youngest son is also heavy and im trying to set a good example for him so he will stick to eating right and lose some weight. I have to do this for my family!! There are no more excuses so time to get started and stick with it!! Thanks to Natasha for getting me on here again and supporting me!!

Replies

• lizo11
    lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
    Remember to take it one step at a time. Literally. Even if it is just a walk to the corner everyday, and then extending your distance and time each day. Find something you enjoy doing for exercise. But mainly, just start moving!! :) Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • inkydnk3
    inkydnk3 Posts: 62 Member
    Remember to take it one step at a time. Literally. Even if it is just a walk to the corner everyday, and then extending your distance and time each day. Find something you enjoy doing for exercise. But mainly, just start moving!! :) Feel free to add me if you would like!

I agree with this. Ease yourself into it and make a commitment to yourself to get moving everyday. Also set realistic goals for your self. Loosing 60lbs by December may not be doable, however 25 to 30 might be. Small achievable goals will help motivate you more because you'll see results.