Which exercise works best for you?

Options
I feel the pounds shedding when I bike regularly. Its hard to keep up a specific exercise for a long time because your body adjust to it. What exercise works best for you and isn't hard to uphold?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Exercise should never be easy! It should always be a challange a push. You should always strive to push yourself out of your comfort zone everytime you workout. That is where you will see change
  • stressd1mom
    stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I also bike on my stationary Nordic Trak, as I get used to it & it becomes 'easier' I bump up the time or the resistence. I do get 'burnt' sometimes then I do some Wii Fit cardio games. They are fun & a nice in between exercise. Then I am ready to get back on the bike again.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Ellipticals are amazing for me. I have exercise induced asthma and the ellitpical is a fantastic tool I'm using to train myself out of it. :)
  • kimbruundk
    Options
    Walking and dumbbells.

Days with rain you can do the dumbbells in your living room.

Days without rain you can go for a walk and then do the dumbbells which extends the calories burning from the walk...

Cheerio

Kim
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I love the video workouts and walking. This week my goal is to do two twenty minute workouts, one of which will be Jillian Michaels thirty day smash, the other will be whatever I want. :) I like switching it up so I stay interested.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    When they say your body "adjusts," it just means you need to work harder to burn the same number of calories. It doesn't stop working.

Walking has been my constant, but I do a variety of things, depending on my mood:

Elliptical
    Rollerblading
    Yoga
    Swimming
    A little jogging
    DVDs
  • ambercole
    Options
    I'm a runner at heart but being a runner eventually gives you bad knees (runner's knee sucks @$$!) so to give my knees a much needed break i will run one day, then do a workout video the next day (currently it is Insanity), then the next day I will power walk on the maximum incline on the treadmill, then do a workout video the next day, and then repeat. That way i get a run in twice a week.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    I Love Love Love spinning. I've got an instructor who plays the best music so I am really motivated. I've been spinning for probably 6 years pretty consistently and I just keep ramping up the resistance and speed. Our class this morning we rode to a Glee playlist so very fun and I burned 626 calories in an hour.
  • jacksonalan
    Options
    Anytime I wake up from a sound sleep after 4:30 a.m., I get up and throw on the sneakers, the pedometer and iTouch. Each night, I make a walking list of 50 tunes, put it on shuffle, and do at least 4 fast walking laps around the neighborhood (4 laps = 8 miles). If I'm feeling particularly energetic, I'll jog up the hills. If I'm feeling blah, I'll force myself to 3 laps. If it's raining, I'll do the walking later in the day.

Eight miles is a good 830 calorie burn for me according to the pedometer. I'll count the songs as they play to keep pace... and hopefully get done before 32 songs are played... as an incentive.
  • Ladyshahzaib
    Options
    Wow! Spinning? Amazing.
    Thank you guys for all your great answers and advice. But some of you are saying DVDs if you could mention the name of the DVDs or tell the types Workouts on the DVDs. That would be great thanks!
  • Ladyshahzaib
    Options
    Great effort! Keep up the routine and you should hit your goal in no time.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The DVDs I have are:

Walk Away the Pounds
    30-Day Shred
    Sweatin' to the Oldies
    Yoga

There are tons of different ones, though.