Just Joined!

Options
Hi Everyone,

My name is Marci, and I am 33 years old, living and working in Manhattan. Fitness and health are big passions of mine, along with losing the extra weight I've been holding onto for quite a few years now. Essentially, I know exactly what I need to do in order to get there, but just need a bit more accountability in the whole process. I already work out plenty and eat well, but I'm pretty sure my love of alcohol is slowing down my progress :) I've been told I'm a pretty good motivator (with weight loss and just life in general) but even motivated, energetic people need a little help right? :)

So feel free to connect with me on here - I'm brand new and still figuring this out, but would be happy to make some friends on here!
Marci

Replies

• skalfitness
    skalfitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Marci - I'm also pretty new to this and have changed my eating habits a few months back! In 10 weeks I have almost lost a stone with healthy eating and exercise a few times a week. It's been tough - very tough and I'm starving as we speak! lol

What are your goals? :)
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Options
    I need more friends to motivate my as well!
  • Bull2707
    Bull2707 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hello

Your right about that (booz) but long as it is in moderation. I workout 5-6 days a week and eat healthy except on my cheat day. I like to live and hate rabbit food. I am 39 years old and still in the Marines. So if you need support and stuff. let me know!
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Marci! MFP has proven to be an awesome tool for me. Feel free to friend me.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Marci! I think MFP is the right place for you to get that accountability. Me too! I'd start will sharing your weight loss goal with us (go to profile and play with the settings). Accountability means telling the truth. Log those margaritas!! Visit your scale on a regular basis. Join a challenge group. Read what others are doing.

I would love to have you as a friend if you don't mind being friends with a Texan. :bigsmile:
  • marci119
    marci119 Posts: 12
    Options
    thanks everyone!! i thought i was displaying my weight loss goal (it's 40-45 pounds from where i am - i've already lost some), but maybe it's not showing up? i'll have to play around with it later! I'll definitely also go back and add you guys later today - for now i really need to go and do some work :)
  • marci119
    Options
    figured it out!

overall, (in addition to losing 40-45 pounds) my goals are to lower my body fat, build more lean muscle (i'm very solid to begin with with a slightly bigger frame, or certainly not a small frame at least) and to get fit enough to be able to compete in athletic events like mud runs, obstacle courses, and eventually a half marathon!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    figured it out!

overall, (in addition to losing 40-45 pounds) my goals are to lower my body fat, build more lean muscle (i'm very solid to begin with with a slightly bigger frame, or certainly not a small frame at least) and to get fit enough to be able to compete in athletic events like mud runs, obstacle courses, and eventually a half marathon!

Where does one find enough mud to run in in Manhattan?
  • dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    sent friend request
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Not new but still here and muddling on, happy to be added
  • ktafr16
    ktafr16 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, as well as anyone else!
  • LeeanneKennedy
    Options
    im also new and looking for someone to share my progress and motivate me with theres! :)
  • mrsjadewhite
    mrsjadewhite Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

And today marks a start at a more serious attempt to regain my post pregnancy figure. My daughter is now 5 months old and I am ready to start working on my figure. 5 kgs to loose.

Is anyone up for a 6 weeks challenge?
  • gsop22
    gsop22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    figured it out!

Hey one reason I joined MFP was to compete in some obstacle courses and 5K/10Ks too. Sent you a friend request, add me if you like.
  • iElliie
    iElliie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!The community on here is amazing!!
  • marci119
    Options
    thanks again! everyone really does seem great so far. i'm still figuring things out here but this really is amazing for a free site/service! can't wait for the little ticker to start moving it's way right - i can't have it at that 0 for long! although i did just join this morning so i guess i have to cut myself some slack :) but at the very least, now i feel like i can't back out of my weights/abs class tonight at the gym! ;)
  • Celesteflo64
    Celesteflo64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm celeste and I just started working out again and have quite about to lose! About 25 -30 pounds! Hopefully this website can help me stay motivated and keep me on track. I am just starting day 1 of Insanity so wish me luck guys! LOL