three week itch...... and I lose focus... AGAIN!! :-/

Options
Hi There,

I tend to get to about 3 weeks of good logging then lose momentum and end up back at square one.... What do you do to keep that focus? And if you have an 'off' day how do you get back 'on'?

really looking forward to hearing what you have to say :-D

Any friend adds would be useful too if you feel so inclined :-)

Replies

• PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sioark55
    sioark55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Do you mean as in 'hump' day?
  • AJL437
    AJL437 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    When I started this - I made two and only two commitments to myself: I will do some type of activity at least 30 minutes a day and I will log what I eat every day. I log in every day no matter what. Between the app and the computer, it's just too easy not o. Even if I ate 4,000 calories - I log in. This past two weeks I have been really low on motivation so I moved from lose 2 lbs a week to lose 1/2 a pound a week to give myself a break. Logging in calories is just a habit now. I also eat a lot of the same foods for breakfast and lunch so Copy Yesterday under Quick Tools works wonders.
  • Rmhunter01
    Rmhunter01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I keep focus by constantly reminding myself that "I'm to fine to be this big." That helps me to to keep tracking.
  • Rmhunter01
    Rmhunter01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do the same because I will only be lying to myself if i didn't track everything. My motto is " you bite, you write it!"
  • sioark55
    Options
    These are all great, thank so much! I particularly like the bite=write idea! xx
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I tend to do the same, perfect food and exercise for about 2 weeks and the as I like to call it; a relapse. I fall off and eat things I shouldn't again - even if I'm still exercising, but then what is the point? I don't have an answer of how I get back on because I've been doing it on and off for months. I hope this time I can stay on it. Good luck
  • sioark55
    Options
    So I made it past 3 weeks! Hurrah! I am now on 35 days! Not sure how I did it, or what was different this time but I did it! :-)
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I log every day no matter what I eat. I also allow myself to have at least 1 cheat day per week. I feel like if you deprive yourself of everything sugary, fried, "bad for you" that you will be miserable and eventually break down and lose focus. If you do have a bad day, learn from it and move on. Don't beat yourself up over it. One bad day will not make you gain back all the weight you lost. Another thing that helps is to only weigh myself once or twice a week. If you weigh every day its easy to lose motivation due to weight fluctuations. Also try to get in 30 minutes of cardio at least 5 days a week. last but not least, YOGA. Yoga is my fav thing because it helps you to be mindful and more conscious of your body and everything including what you are going to eat.
  • sioark55
    Options
    I like the idea of yoga.... I am in a transitional phase with gyms at the moment and hope to get into it again soon.....
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I worked out every day for 30 minutes for 2 months, no excuses. At that point it became a habit for me, so I could take rest days and then get right back on track the next day with no trouble. You have to be tough on yourself in the beginning, but it will get easier.
  • QueenWino
    QueenWino Posts: 106
    Options
    I told myself this time is real - life is here right now and I need to live! So I eat really well most days and if I go over cals on 1-2 days a week, I make sure to still eat well before and after the splurges, no penance low cal days. I am not here to crash and burn, this is going to be a slow, bumpy plane ride that never lands! The biggest thing that is required to keep my mental focus is to not 'binge', to not allow more than 2 days to go by w/cals above goal, and to keep tracking everything, everyday. I'm working on the activity thing but appetite management and food/drink choices is my biggest problem right now to manage. Don't be mad at yourself or too restrictive in your food and you might feel your desire to stick w/this not waning.