Any Zombies, Run 5kers out there?

Options
I just started the Zombies, Run 5k trainer app and will be on mission 3 on week one. Anyone else out there doing this app? Any success stories? Any noobs to it? I would love to have some ZR5k friends on my list so we can help each other out. So far I love this app and want to finish it in hopes to do a full 5k one day soon.

Replies

• gsop22
    gsop22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I started doing zombie C25K last week. Starting week 2 now. So far I think it is a nice app, look forward to the story too lol. I use runtastic too to track my runs. Sent you a FR. Any other new runners can add me if they like too. Gook luck.
  • Just_Wil
    Just_Wil Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was already in week 4 of another c25k before I saw this app. I went ahead and picked it up though. I'm going through the normal Zombies, Run missions, (I just run it in the background to get the music/missions) and run the Zen Labs c25k app in the foreground for the interval timing.

I love the idea behind having a narrative to my runs. Makes it exciting. Especially when I hear the zombies closing in.

-Wil
  • PoisonElix
    PoisonElix Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yea I can't wait to finish the zr5k app so I can play with the reg app. :)
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm halfway through season one of the normal Zombies, Run! It's so much fun! Lol once I'm through with season one I think I'm gonna start the 5k to better my time, but it all depends on how the last run goes..if it leaves me hanging I'll have to just skip to season two :)
  • PoisonElix
    Options
    If you are already a reg runner you may have to skip a few missions on the 5k version. Its kind of like the couch to 5k app more for people that dont do to much quite yet.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have the app. Just waiting for my knees to get ship shape before I hit the pavement again.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have the app. Just waiting for my knees to get ship shape before I hit the pavement again.
    zombies_hate_fast_food_post_card-r53a633b2ad224182911dac91c90acf2e_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg
  • PoisonElix
    Options
    [/quote]
    zombies_hate_fast_food_post_card-r53a633b2ad224182911dac91c90acf2e_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg
    [/quote]

And thats why I stared runnin. lol
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Wish the app was available for windows phones!
  • PoisonElix
    Options
    Shoot! Really its not yet? That sucks! Hopefully they will have it soon. :/
  • stacey2022
    stacey2022 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Tell me more!!!

I want to check this out!

I searched apps, exactly which one are u talking about?
  • highfalutin
    highfalutin Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I downloaded this app last night. I am going to hopefully be using it to get my butt off of the couch and at least out walking/jogging faster and eventually maybe even able to move up to regular ZR!
    I need something like this. I was the kid in high school that ran around the corner on our 1.1 mile run...sat and smoked and waited for the other kids to come back around the corner. I hate running. But I want to be able to continue walking (also read: live longer) so I gotta lose the weight and get more movement. I am a big Zombie nerd so this should be a good motivator!
    Would love to meet others trying as well! No matter what level!
  • kapatts
    kapatts Posts: 19
    Options
    Zombies, Run! is an awesome app. The story is so engaging that it gets me up and on the go on days when I'd rather be in bed. The continuing adventures of Runner 5 really put you into the narrative.

I haven't tried the 5k training version. By the time they made that, I was already deeply immersed in the story of the full version and well-beyond the need for 5k training. But since they're made by the same team, I assume its equally as awesome.

For the guy who said he was waiting for his knees to strengthen up, you can also use the app on an exercise bike. When I was working through an injury, I'd put my phone in my pocket and use the accelerometer to track my stats. It wasn't 100% accurate by any means, but I use the app more for the story than for the stat-tracking.
  • McCrabby
    McCrabby Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just started this yesterday! I was doing C25K, but wanted to shake things up a bit. I like how squats, knee lifts, and heel raises are incorporated into the training. :)
  • Just_Wil
    Just_Wil Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tell me more!!!

I want to check this out!

I searched apps, exactly which one are u talking about?

Zombies, Run! (says two, but you still get the season 1 stuff as well)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombies-run!/id503519713?mt=8 (apple)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sixtostart.zombiesrun (android)

Zombies, Run! 5K training
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/zombies-run!-5k-training/id566596422 (apple)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sixtostart.zombies5k (android)
  • phrendlynut
    phrendlynut Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded it myself. I've always wanted to be a runner. Hoping this can help get me there.
  • kokousa
    Options
    Did the 3rd mission today! Im trying to get it done on the elliptical coz my joints are dodgy, but really enjoying it so far!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I did one mission back in March when I was in PA. Then I came back home and was relegated to the treadmill until the weather warmed up. So now I'm waiting until my 1/2 marathon is done in october because I need to be more focused on my training runs then the app will allow. I can't wait to be a little more relaxed about my runs so I can do this again...
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I finished Zombies, Run 5K at the end of August. It was a really great challenge to build up my running time and have the structure and the story to pull me through. I'm going to run my first 5K at the end of October (the Headless Horseman 5K, which seems appropriate for how I trained!) and I feel totally prepared to do it.

Good luck!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through season 2 of this app doing all the side missions as well. I'm not really a runner and hated running until I found this but through just running the missions I'm now up to half marathon mileage. I'm gonna be really sad when I run out of missions so I've already decided I'm gonna download the race training ones once I'm through season 2 and work more on time than distance. Even if the smaller race ones aren't really helpful that app can just take my money bc they deserve it. The story line never really dies down, so glad I found it. If C25K just doesn't do it for you or you love zombie movies than get this app. It's not free but I'd buy this app again and again of I had to.