Quick Snacks That are Low Cal and Minimal Prep!?

Options
I work two jobs and when I get home from my 9-5 job I have about 15 minutes to get ready for the other job and eat something. What are everyone's go to snacks that you can prepare and eat in the most minimal amount of time that are also low cal ! :)

Replies

• marcy_76
    marcy_76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    2/3 cup of Multi-grain Cheerios (dry) -I put some in a baggie and can munch on it pretty quickly while I walk around the house and get things done.

I buy the baby carrots that come in small mini-bags. Usually about 15-20 carrots per bag. I open up some hummus (great for protein) and dip my carrots (or any other chopped veggie) into my hummus. Yummm.

I also like Fiber One bars. They have some for 90 calories and are really good.

On your day off, or when you have some time, chop up your favorite fruits and package them, either together or separately.

Bananas are always quick and easy. For more yumminess, I put a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds and dip my banana in it.

Hope these help!
  • SASSYnCHICago
    SASSYnCHICago Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bananas, cherrios are not low carb.

My choices are lean meats, turkey jerk ,w/ boiled egg/egg whites., green/yellow peppers, turkey pepperoni/saugage, cottage cheese.
  • jodi41086
    jodi41086 Posts: 240
    Options
    lower carb will help with the weight loss, but may make you feel more tired. I always pack, hard boiled eggs, asparagus(Prep once or twice a week), Fiber one bars leave me feeling ravenous within 30 minutes.. you may need more protein. I like 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 3 oz chicken, sweet potato(tastes good cold or room temp, I prep it once or twice a week)
  • Thefivelees
    Thefivelees Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    fruit ( all kinds) apples, grapes, watermelon, blueberries etc..
    100 calorie pack of raw almonds
    light baby bel cheese 50 calories
    Cheese stick )80 calories
    greek yogurt with fresh fruit or a little granola sprinkled in
    Sliced apple with peanut butter

Your best bet is to plan out snacks in your fridge in ziploc baggies of sliced cucumbers, celery, grapes, blueberries etc

You also can pack a small cooler or insulated lunch bag with ice pack and then eat some healthy snacks in the car on your way home so you are not famished when you walk in the door
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Same here OP. Pre-cooked meals are the key. Besides that whey, ff greek, fruits, and poptarts for me.
  • healthyloserxxx
    Options
    anI make a soup...can of diced no salt org tomatoes (pureed), 1/2 cup dried cannelini beans, soaked and cooked, 2 carrots diced, 1/2 diced onion, 4 diced cloves garlic, 2 stalks celery diced, 1/2 c pasta(i use gluten free rice pasta), 2 T basil, 2 T oregano, 1 t crushed red pepper flakes.....very low calorie...the veggies are simmered in 1 T evoo and the rest added and simmered. This is my go to snack....so delicious good for any meal or snach...travels well...Always a microwave somewhere.
    Next....I cut Romaine hearts into thin ribbons, dice carrots, brocolli and store in the refrig under paper towels. When serving, add tomatoes, avacado etc. add a tspn of evoo and fresh squeezed lemon to dress.....Great low cal go to foods...There's always a meal on hand...Add chicken (or whatever protein) to the salad, if desired. Snacks don't have to be packaged and salty! Good luck!
  • mat0424
    mat0424 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like raw almonds, string cheese, baby bell light
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks!

Also, olives :)
  • LauraBee96
    LauraBee96 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, I hear you - I work 12 hours a day at my job! Seems as if I'm always standing when I'm eating.

My favourite snacks:

- Apples (Fujis have nice crisp skin so can take a beating if in your purse all day)
    - Oranges - high super, acid but sweet enough to cure my sweet tooth so I don't reach for lollies
    - Laughing cow light cheese ( 25 cal/portion) with rice crackers, celery, whatever you have close by
    - Single portion low calorie yoghurts. In Australia we have delicious Nestle Soleils, about 60 cals each

and of course, a protein shake for a power snack. 30g protein, small banana, ice, sugar free chocolate sauce - voila!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    strawberries with nutella - amazing :)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Mini bellpeppers stuffed with tuna/tuna salad. Crunchy, tastey, satisfying and super easy.