excercises that pile the weight of fast?

Options
hey guys just wondering if any of you know any great work outs to kickstart the weight loss programme? would be really appreciated :)

Replies

• kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    highest calorie burns will come from high intensity cardio. you could try running, high resistance and intense elliptical training, HIIT cardio, cross-fit, cycling, swimming.

Edit for elaboration: there are no exercises that will give you instant gratification. keep at them and keep your calories at a reasonable deficit and you will lose weight. a rate of 1-2 pounds per week is good - anything more you will probably be losing too much muscle. i would suggest strength training while in weight loss to reduce muscle tissue loss.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Don't think any quick fixes work but I'm interested to hear what feedback you may get :)
  • LeeanneKennedy
    Options
    thankyou! thats a great list of ideas :) x
  • jojobn9
    jojobn9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you don’t exercise regularly already or haven’t for a while try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred interval training is a good way to jumpstart your body and this one is a good starter and has options for beginners put in the effort you can the best part is it is about 30min easy to fit in a day try to do it every day you will see a difference. - best of luck. Also you can try it out on utube but the dvds are only about 10$ at the store now.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    weight lifting!!! You may not lose "weight" in regards to the scale right away but you will see definite body changes fairly quickly. Losing inches is so much better than losing pounds.
  • stargirlll
    stargirlll Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Stick with HIIT and heavy weight training. They honestly melt the fat away and give you beautiful lean muscle. "Quick fixes" don't tend to work in the long run, stick with what's tried and true :)
  • flet2
    flet2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    High intensity intervals for sure. Slogging on a treadmill at a steady pace won't get you far but alternating sprints should do the trick.
    Personally I go for circuit training. Download a timer app and search the net for a program to follow (I've been doing spartacus or just making my own up if i get bored). 40 to 60 seconds of work with only 15 to 30 seconds of rest between exercises. Most circuits are 10 exercises, repeat at least twice. sweat. profit.

compound exercises activate the most muscles and thus burn the most calories. The bigger the muscle group, the more you're apt to burn.
  • LeeanneKennedy
    Options
    thankyou i think i will look into that! :) x
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Workout to improve your fitness
    Change your diet/reduce your intake to lose weight
    If using MFP eat some of your exercise calories back

If you have employment, try cycling into work
    Cycle/walk places rather than taking the car/bus/train

I cycle commute into work, but I take the long route and do 44miles a day, the short route would be only 8 miles a day, and that would be boring, as I have some nice country roads where I am.

I am not a gym person, I prefer to be out in the open, even in the winter when it is raining and snowing.
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yupe running uphill a lot. I am not being funny. I run most of the week and average about 2.5 loss. Morning runs are up and down hill and truth is two of those hills I still have not mastered. Since starting in June gone from 226 to 206 this morning. I also keep very active but don't recommend it for people who have not been pretty active before. So I use running to take it off and weight training to shape what is left. The weight training helps keep the muscle.
  • LeeanneKennedy
    Options
    If you don’t exercise regularly already or haven’t for a while try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred interval training is a good way to jumpstart your body and this one is a good starter and has options for beginners put in the effort you can the best part is it is about 30min easy to fit in a day try to do it every day you will see a difference. - best of luck. Also you can try it out on utube but the dvds are only about 10$ at the store now.
    This looks brilliant and im looking forward to purchasing it. thankyou!
  • LeeanneKennedy
    Options
    weight lifting!!! You may not lose "weight" in regards to the scale right away but you will see definite body changes fairly quickly. Losing inches is so much better than losing pounds.

This is definitly true and i may try the weights tommorow. thanks for your tips!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    ps you don't have to BUY the 30 day shred - try it out for FREE on youtube, thats the full workout too! :-D
    you don't have to pay to get fit and healthy :)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am going with Weight lifting and my profile pic is the difference in 30 days of lifting.
  • LeeanneKennedy
    Options
    Yupe running uphill a lot. I am not being funny. I run most of the week and average about 2.5 loss. Morning runs are up and down hill and truth is two of those hills I still have not mastered. Since starting in June gone from 226 to 206 this morning. I also keep very active but don't recommend it for people who have not been pretty active before. So I use running to take it off and weight training to shape what is left. The weight training helps keep the muscle.

thats brilliant advice thanks and congratulations on your success!
  • LeeanneKennedy
    Options
    ps you don't have to BUY the 30 day shred - try it out for FREE on youtube, thats the full workout too! :-D
    you don't have to pay to get fit and healthy :)
    awh thanks! you just saved me from buying it!
  • LeeanneKennedy
    Options
    I am going with Weight lifting and my profile pic is the difference in 30 days of lifting.

i have just viewed your picture and that is truley inspirational. congratulations on your success!
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Would always recommend Body Combat
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options

This is exactly what I did. I lost about 45lbs over 3 months doing 30DS on YouTube. Only cost me a few bucks to buy bigger weights as I got stronger....and a Heart Rate Monitor because I was curious.
    I tried Insanity but it was "insane" and I did several weeks of Focus T25 but can't say I love it. I'm running now and finding that I love it! Best of luck!
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Definitely do this - I could see a difference on my body after 2 weeks. It wasn't noticeable to other people yet, but I saw results and that kept me motivated until people around me started to take notice. Best $10 I've ever spent in my life, really! To me it would have been worth a few hundred!