excercises that pile the weight of fast?

Options
2»

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    weight training beats all.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I read your profile....Are you really 6 foot 11? wow you should definitely be playing basketball as your cardio then!
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I recommend getting the Biggest Loser DVDs. I am in shape, and those kick my butt every time. They combine strength and cardio and really tire you out. I rent them from the library- FREE! I would avoid just cardio, doesn't work for me!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Stick with HIIT and heavy weight training. They honestly melt the fat away and give you beautiful lean muscle. "Quick fixes" don't tend to work in the long run, stick with what's tried and true :)

Amen to this!!!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am going with Weight lifting and my profile pic is the difference in 30 days of lifting.

i have just viewed your picture and that is truley inspirational. congratulations on your success!

Thank you :)
  • TenderBranson
    TenderBranson Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Strength training.

Deadlifts, squats. Big compound movements.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from diet, not exercise. You can't outrun a bad diet.

That said, exercise will help cause a calorie deficit to assist the diet. Steady state cardio is good for burning a lot; interval training (HIIT) will burn lots in a shorter time. Most DVD exercise programs are cardio, although may have light weights added - lots of people seem to have success with P90X, insanity and the like). Weight training (ideally with a barbell: see New Rules of Lifting for Women/Starting Strength/Stronglifts) will aid in body recomposition, so you maintain muscle while losing fat (i.e. you'll look better when you hit your goal weight).

So lift weights 3x per week, do cardio on alternate days, and eat at a reasonable deficit.
  • LeeanneKennedy
    Options
    I read your profile....Are you really 6 foot 11? wow you should definitely be playing basketball as your cardio then!

omg does it say 6ft 11? haha no im 5ft 11 sorry. ahh really? nobody really does that sort of thing around here although i love it! :(
  • JorisSt
    Options
    I can confirm this, you need a diet to lose weight.

Joris S.
    Weightloss-tips.eu
    Weight loss comes from diet, not exercise. You can't outrun a bad diet.

That said, exercise will help cause a calorie deficit to assist the diet. Steady state cardio is good for burning a lot; interval training (HIIT) will burn lots in a shorter time. Most DVD exercise programs are cardio, although may have light weights added - lots of people seem to have success with P90X, insanity and the like). Weight training (ideally with a barbell: see New Rules of Lifting for Women/Starting Strength/Stronglifts) will aid in body recomposition, so you maintain muscle while losing fat (i.e. you'll look better when you hit your goal weight).

So lift weights 3x per week, do cardio on alternate days, and eat at a reasonable deficit.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    OP de-activated ....