Favorite coffee brand/flavor or K cup?

Options
Recently bought a keurig, but still brew my own coffee on weekends. I haven't tried many, so I'm always looking for new suggestions.

K cups I've tried (and love): donut shop- coconut mocha and gloria jean butter toffee.
Coffee grounds I usually use a starbucks one but I forget which. LOL, clearly I need some help here.

Replies

• aggiekaren01
    aggiekaren01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Gloria Jeans butter toffee is one of my faves! I also stock up on Starbucks Christmas blend in the winter. Oh and it's not coffee but Twinings Earl Gray tea.
  • Vouvray1984
    Options
    K Cup favorite - Italian Roast Primo Barrista
  • 1skinnydawn
    Options
    Depends on if you like a light/ medium/ or dark roast coffee. I love dark roast so my favorite is dark magic. My husband prefers light so he goes for vanilla carmel...I think it's green mountain.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    For K-cups love the Kona Blend. For regular coffee Millstone's Foglifter or their Organic Rain Forest Blend.
  • jennamt87
    jennamt87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Definitely Caribou Coffee K-Cups! I think this may be primarily a Midwestern brand/company, but if you can, try it!!!
  • amb0919
    amb0919 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Caribou coffee, any flavor, but usually have Folgers Custom Roast on hand. Don't have a K cup machine, so I brew mine the regular way.
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Peet's sells them, but unless you are in the Bay Area, you would have to get them online . . .
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i buy the dunkin donuts k cups :)
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Caribou Blend! I also like the starbucks house blend, but it's a little expensive and not better than the caribou.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Definitely Caribou Coffee K-Cups! I think this may be primarily a Midwestern brand/company, but if you can, try it!!!

Thank you :) I'm from Chicago so finding caribou shouldn't be an issue!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I love Folgers Caramel Drizzle and Green Mountain English Toffee. Both are good with sugar-free French Vanilla creamer (about a 1/2 teaspoon). I can't wait until Pumpkin Spice comes out in the fall!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I don't use K cups but for coffee I buy Trader Joe's French Roast Decaf. Love it! I don't have a TJ's near me so when I go to the Chicago burbs area or Indy I stock up and buy 6 bags or more of it. Just bought 6 bags this Sat while up in the west burbs.
    I do add flavored coffee creamer to mine. I know not the best use of calories but it my little treat each day I feel.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Kuerig! I am the only coffee drinker in my house so I needed to be able to make it by the cup. I bought a filter on amazon so I could save money by using bulk ground coffee. K-cups are so expensive and create a lot of waste. I buy Folgers Black silk in bulk. yum :)
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Kuerig! I am the only coffee drinker in my house so I needed to be able to make it by the cup. I bought a filter on amazon so I could save money by using bulk ground coffee. K-cups are so expensive and create a lot of waste. I buy Folgers Black silk in bulk. yum :)

Do you find the filter cup works well? I am thinking of getting one.

I like a light roast coffee and as far as grounds go Lavazza Gold was my go-to and I miss it horribly now that I have moved to a keurig.

Usually now stick with Donut House or Kirkland Breakfast Blend
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I use the re-useable Keurig filter and brew my own coffee with it. That's the best way to do it imo. You don't have to keep buying the boxes of cups and brewing your own is fresher and tastes better than those pre-packaged cups
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Second! It tastes "roastier" than some...dark, but not bitter. I also like Tully's Hawaiian Blend. Check my diary, lots of KCups in my frequent foods.
  • blacklabelbabe
    blacklabelbabe Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Go to the Kuerig website and get the variety packs! That's what I do. There is something exciting about waking up and picking one out :)

Some of my favorites are:

Green Mountain Blueberry
    Green Mountain Coconut
    Gloria Jeans Mudslide
    Timothy's German Chocolate Cake

If you order them off the website you get reward points & they have different specials running quite often, especially on 'seasonal' flavors.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    green mountain vanilla caramel
    gloria jeans butter toffee
    timothy's Kahlua flavored
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Keurig! I usually get Green Mountain and Gloria Jean's K-cups. Favorites:

Black - Breakfast Blend, Colombian Fair Trade Select, Dark Magic

Flavored - Pumpkin Spice, Gingerbread, and Caramel Vanilla Cream (all from Green Mountain), as well as the GJ Butter Toffee and French Vanilla, and the Donut House Cinnamon Roll. I've tried a lot of "chocolate" flavored varieties (mudslide, chocolate donut, etc.) and never can seem to detect much flavor from them. I'd rather use some peppermint mocha creamer in an unflavored cup.

My roomie swears the San Francisco Bay Fog Chaser cups are the best coffee she's ever had. Haven't tried them yet though. We also have the individual filter screen cup thingy for using grounds and it works well, just make sure not to overfill it!

Honorable mention goes to the Celestial Seasonings and Twinnings tea k-cups. I like me a mug or two of sleepytime tea or english breakfast every now and then. Also, if you don't mind the fact that they're about 70-80 calories a cup, the Cafe Escapes line is pretty tasty.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I will definitely be keeping my eye out for some of these.